1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bosch Parts -- any general opinion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stevewoods, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Seems to me, long ago and far away, Bosch made a few parts (for German cars?) and was considered a high-quality source.

Fast Forward to 2015 and I see they now make 12V batteries, oil filters, and hey, toasters? :D

Any feelings about their quality in a general sense>?. I just used a Bosch premium oil filter on my Prius. I assume it should be good for the expected 4-5k, but just wondering a bit.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i like their tools.:) and the wipers are excellent. hopefully they apply the same quality process to everything they make.

3. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a Bosch gas stove and baking oven :) it is good so far (5 years)
    Out of automotive, I have only used Bosch wipers, and they were good but not outstanding.

Alex

4. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, I usually prefer NAPA filters, but I guess this hybrid toaster filter will work. Thanks for the opinions!

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any national brand oil filter can go 5000 miles without issue.

That said, I'm not a big fan of Bosch for Japanese cars

6. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Patrick Wong likes this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm not impressed with their dishwashers. they're okay, but nothing to write home about.

xpcman likes this.
  8. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've used a lot of Bosch parts on our old Volvos and they were good quality. I think they were OEM for a lot of the ignition and fuel injection system on the old 240s. I don't know about their other product lines.

9. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    For car parts it’s pretty much the same with every manufacturer, if the original part was made by them then their part is probably very good quality. This is just because if they make part that’s up to car manufacturers standards then why make it any different when selling it with their own name.

Bosch car batteries do have a good reputation. Here in some smaller places you can just find Bosch or some unknown manufacturer car batteries.

Bosch does sell lots of those multi point spark plugs which aren’t really useful if your car didn’t come with them from factory.

Bosch wiper blades are known from their bad quality. Many times they do leave lines right from the box. And if you get the one that doesn’t do that it will still only last about half a year compared to even most of no name once that last a full year.