1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Boss "Bragging" About Getting a 2010-so what's all the hype?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by untitledblue, Jul 24, 2009.

1. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello Untitledblue:

Your profile doesn't show what package you have on your 2009. Depending on what exactly you have (and what model your boss gets), you could say things to your boss like the following (following Electric's lead):
    • "Boy, I really like the high resolution Nav screen on my 2009."
    • "It's great to be able to see my climate control screen without all those scratches and haze that are on the 2010s."
    • "My SKS works from both front doors and the hatch. You mean that yours doesn't?"
    • "Too bad that your 2010 didn't come with the backup camera. Mine is so helpful"
    • "Wow, did they forget to paint those foglight fill blanks? Maybe somebody put the wrong ones on your car"
    • "My family and friends really enjoy watching those energy arrows on my multicolored MFD. Looks like your MID is mostly monochrome?"
    • "I can get at both my front cupholders. Must be a pain that your second one is hiding under the center console arm rest"
    • "I really like all the open space in the front of my 2009. Plenty of room for my legs. Doesn't that floating center console feel confining?"
    • "What's with that ugly blue background under your Toyota badge? That must be a mistake; maybe it was supposed to go on a different color car."
    These should either help to curb his enthusiasm, or get you fired. Use them wisely. ;)

2. GUICE123

GUICE123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had a 2004 prius with navegation. I recently purchased two priuses, a pkg III and a package V with technology pkg. The 2010 car is definately more fun to drive in the v version. I have the technology package and wanted a sunroof as well , but was told it would have been over some weight limt and that is why toyota would not put it on the v. I love the buletooth audio. I recently updated my ipod touch to version 3.0 which enabled the hidden bluetooth capabilities. the sound is great and I can even play the sound thru the car and watch a video. I like the power button on the 2010 as I climb a lot of hilly regions where I live. The drive and seating is definatley different in a cloth III- softer supension and the V with leather- more german taut like audi or BMW in driving experience. My only concern is withthe technology package do I need the extended warranty as this car ages ?

3. nineinchnail1024

nineinchnail1024 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How about you just get over it? Smile, nod, go back to work. If this guy is getting under your skin because he's excited about a new car, then it isn't him that has an issue.

1 person likes this.
  4. jaywolf

jaywolf Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Okay already, stop rubbing it in... so what's the big 'visible' different. 5 extra mpg? A bigger engine which you probably can't notice when you're in a city? So...?[/quote]

Show him this

2 people like this.
  5. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Nice link, Jay. Great to see a public review from a Prius fan who can try to objectively look at both the G2 and G3.

I also appreciate Rick's posts (HTMLSpinner) for the same reason, as he owns both generations.

6. FunCouple

FunCouple New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was reading this post and thought maybe he was talking about me... I just turned in my 1994 Chevy K1500 with $250,000 miles on it for a 2010. Yes I got the "cash for clunkers" rebate but the post can't be me because I've bought about five Priuses in the past for company fleet vehicles and that was never mentioned.

Anyway, here is why I like my 2010 and don't like any of the earlier versions. I'm 6'5" tall and for some reason my knees hit up against the lower part of the dash and I could not drive any of my fleet priuses for any significant amount of time. As soon as I heard there was a third generation out there I went down to the dealer and tried to fit in it. Not only does it have a ton of legroom, I could potentially move the seat forward at bit if someone needed to sit behind me. When I looked at the car I did just that and then got out of the vehicle and tried to sit behind myself. I still fit in the back seat. My head hits the ceiling in the back, but it should be more than enough for my 10 year old son before he grows too tall. The internet specs says the second and third generations have the same legroom. I don't know how they measure it, but its not even close.

To me, that's what all the hype with the 2010 is all about.

7. Walter L

Walter L New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm trying to be happy for my boss ....
    ]

Please don't listen to the get-even replies! Yes, it sucks (especially) when it's your boss that gets over-excited, but please tell him all about PriusChat.... It's the right thing to do AND it will give the BOTH of you many, many, many (constructive) things to talk about. Kill him with kindness and you'll have a convert on your hands in no time! Just something to think about. ;)

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    NO! NO! NO!

You must tell him how much poorer your mileage is compared to him and how you need a raise to compensate for the inferior mileage of your Prius. Or he could give you a $10,000 bonus to buy a 2010 Prius.

Bob Wilson

9. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Way to go Bob!!! Couldn't have said it better myself...........

Keith :)

10. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hopefully, anyone that read my "get even" reply would realize that it was meant to be "tongue-in-cheek". It was really a compendium of complaints that some PC members have made recently regarding items that they don't like about their 2010s. Yes, the G3 is another step forward for Toyota in hybrid technology, but it is not without its own flaws.

11. untitledblue

untitledblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well he got a call from the dealership on Friday....the funniest thing is that he is bringing a 'voice recorder' to the dealership (on Saturday) to record the dealer conversations, so if the dealer backs out or lies, he has 'proof.' Like...does that matter?