1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bottom line iPhone Bluetooth in to stereo

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by silvergenII, Jan 18, 2016.

1. silvergenII

silvergenII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2007 with the equivalent of a package five in it for options. That means I have The full six disc changer, JBL stereo and NAV. I don't make a lot of calls from the car but it is nice to have Bluetooth hook up through the stereo. I do listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks while driving.to that end I have a line in to the ox port that plugs into my headphone jack on my phone.

I'm a deaf old truck driver. A replacement head unit isn't going to do a lot for me. I would like the ease of Bluetooth connectivity for the phone to the stereo for when I am traveling long-distance however. I find the cable dangling across the dashboard distracting and would like to eliminate it. The stock Bluetooth connectivity for phone usage is acceptable but I would gladly give that up for better cord free entertainment access. On long trips I will still need to plug in your power to keep the phone charged, of course. On daily commute it is not an issue.

Does anyone own a Wi-Fi adapter of this type and if so is the Bluetooth audio for phone usage decent? By decent I mean is it clear enough for the caller to understand you and vice versa. If I can find one that works well enough, I'll post my impressions.