1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bottom Moulding Detached After Windsheild Replacement: Should I Care?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by boulder_bum, May 13, 2015.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe "detached" is the wrong word, but it's sticking up a bit on one of the sides such that it's not touching the windshield (see attached picture).

I don't think it was like that before, however, and I'm wondering:

1. Should I even care?
    2. Is there an easy way of making it sit flush that a non-car guy could handle?
    3. Is this something I should call the windshield guy back to do?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I did a little checking after my post.

I had two glass guys from different companies say it wouldn't harm anything.

One of them was the installer who said it was like that before and that the clip that held it down had just worn out/elongated a little. He seems like an honest guy, so I believe him and plan to just let it go.

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You aren't hearing a whistling/howling sound? I would've thought you'd hear something like that since the piece is sticking up.

The plastic clip most likely broke off, due to this plastic piece being exposed to the elements (sun/heat/cold) for 7+ years. I broke a small plastic clip removing the cowel tray, when replacing the front struts.