1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought a 2008 on Craigslist today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bradford Granath, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Bradford Granath

Bradford Granath Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sealed the deal with a Coronavirus Elbow Bump. 2008 Prius, Package 6 methinks (JBL, NAV, Bluetooth, Leather). Silver Pine with Bisque Leather. 242,850 on the clock. Hybrid battery seems OK, but won't know for sure until I get it hooked up to Dr. Prius. Previous (2nd) owner represented it as well maintained and without problem, and this matched a Carfax of 2 owners, and fairly scrupulous 5000 mile oil changes and normal maintenance from a local Toyota Dealer, changing to an import shop after the ownership transfer, but continuing regular maintenance. Hasn't ever missed a smog or sat for any length as far as I can tell. Passed smog in CA at the end of December. Quick glance underneath seemed clean and not missing anything, same under the hood. Interior is clean, missing the OEM floor mats. MFD, NAV, instruments, and clock all function correctly. Have both original Toyota branded smartkeys, but they are pretty beat up. Faint cleaning chemical and weed odor; definitely have some cleaning to do before it's uber'able. It's dark (and horrible) outside right now. Pics in the AM.

Hi guys!

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Many older high miles Pri are sold because they are in need of high dollar repairs (HV battery or brake accumulator are most common). Costs can be reduced by DIY and used parts but those are costly in TIME.

GOOD LUCK!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like a gem,
    congrats and welcome! all the best(y)

Data Daedalus likes this.
  4. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the new purchase!

5. Banksy

Banksy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    If for whatever reason you need a new HV battery I'd recommend 2nd life battery

Just ordered mine

Guy was super nice

Has a sale going on right now 999 plus 100 for shipping and he give you 30 days for the core charge.

I also got a Craigslist special. With 250k

Been a fun project lol.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wouldn't recommend anything until it had 50,000 miles under its belt