1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought a Prius III this morning

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by morguex, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ALS

ALS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Your going to love the car. I have a III with no Nav in the Blizzard Pearl and I'll tell one thing your going to be real happy in summer when it starts to get hot out.

I was riding around in August with the windows down in the mid eighties and was comfortable considering the temperature out. White, really helps with the gas mileage in the hot summer months. :)

BTW I dumped a 1987 Volvo station wagon with 370K miles on it during the Cash for Clunkers program.

With floor mats, tax, plate transfer and all fees I was out the door at $20,500.

That was $3,000 less than I paid for the Volvo in 1987. :D

2. trbizwiz

trbizwiz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just bought My III last night. We got the red with dark grey cloth. Let me say the red is gorgeous in full sunlight. I have been looking at Prius III's for a month now, and lurked here some. I have yet to see the red in full sun. My wife liked it so we bought it, but I saw it today in the sun and it was stunning. My other favorite color is the blizzard pearl. I would like to see that in the sun too.
    Anyway, we got the III for $349 over invoice, no doc fees. They also gave us $24000 for my 3 year old Honda Odyssey with 50 K miles and needed new pax run flat tires. So I feel like I did well.
    Some of the extras they throw in with you car reguardless of your deal: free lifetime powertrane warranty, with no deductible; free paint coating that is "five times harder than wax" what ever that means.
    So out the door I got a new prius III and a few hundred in cash (I owned the Honda out right so no payoff).
    I live in southwest Missouri, and there are 5 dealers with in 70 miles of me (2 offer the free lifetime waranty by the way).
    If there were only one dealer in my area, I would have paid full sticker too, but with so many, I want to make the best dealer earn my business. Side note, I could have gotten a little better trade from another dealer, but the convenience of service and such made the deal in Joplin better for my family.
    Congrats on the OP's purchase, I hope I havent offended anyone with my details, I just want people to know it is OK to ask for a better deal, if there is competition in the area.
    THese are wonderfull cars with great engineering. I was prepared to buy my 5th Honda, but I just did not think the insight was in the same class as the Prius. Honda used toy engineering on the insight, adn they should be ashamed. No way that car holds up to Honda's reputation of durability. It is built like a Chinese ATV.