1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought a Used 2007 with 150k miles, Point me in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sara Schwartz, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Sara Schwartz

Sara Schwartz New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have looked through the forums and found many helpful posts about maintenance, however most seem to be for under 120k miles. I had the car inspected before buying it and there wasn't much to report besides needing to change the brake shoes within 2k miles. I'm at work right now and don't have any of the paperwork in front of me, but I was hoping someone could give me a simple list of some things that should have been taken care of before the 150 mark and some things I should take to have looked at (and possibly maintenanced) for 150+ miles. Hoping to get a lot of life out of this car!

Thanks,
    ~Sara

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to PriusChat!

Toyota has printed instructions to check the ATF in the transaxle but never any guidance when to change it. Unless you find documentation that the previous owner did change it, I recommend you change it at 150,000 miles and then every 60,000 miles hereafter. (as a DIY project it should need two people and about $40, 2 washers and 4 qts. ATF WS at the dealer. My dealer did the ATF change for $110 which I thought reasonable as I do not fit under my Prius)

Other than that just subtract 120,000 from your mileage and do that service.

I hope you enjoy your Prius as much as I enjoy mine.

Sara Schwartz likes this.
  3. Sara Schwartz

Sara Schwartz New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks you very much :) This was very very helpful!

4. Robo

Robo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius with 195,000 miles. The only repair was to have the water pump replaced. The dealer stated that it was "weeping" at a hole and that indicates the need to replace it. I also had the thermostat replaced at the same time, but it's not necessary. I've changed the spark plugs, inverter coolant, and transmission fluid twice,and bought a new 12 v battery. I change the oil and filter every 5000 miles and also the air filter. You would want to check the filter in the glove compartment, it probably needs replacement. I use an arm and hammer filter that I bought online at amazon. Also, the headlights just went out again, so those along with the fog lights, we're replaced for the second time. Both replacement bulbs were purchased on amazon. Great instructions on Prius chat with videos. And the PVC valve was replaced 2 times also. Hope this helps!

Sara Schwartz likes this.
  5. Sara Schwartz

Sara Schwartz New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks so much!!!

6. Robo

Robo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I forgot to mention also the recalls on the car. The inverter coolant pump was replaced, the gas pedal shortened, and the computer screen all were recall items that Toyota replaced at no charge. Also, the 4 heater hoses were replaced with the last coolant change. Glad this has helped you!(a pair of rhino ramps that I bought at kragen auto., helps a lot when changing oil, filter, and transmission fluid)