1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought from inventory

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by markabele, Mar 15, 2019.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    why would you need or want to run either?
    I ask because Android Auto (for example) takes over the device's UI, as well as requires you to NOT be rooted - & you must use the 'latest & greatest' (ostensibly) upgrades of Maps, text-to-speech, & whatnot. Many of the older versions are WAY better & have way less ability to track & store usage & run add's - which collaterally slow down your OS. Teslas stand-alone functionality are such that you don't have to hook up your phone for anyting - except bluetooth - if you want to run micro SD music or a YouTube stream imo.

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I ask about Android because that is what I have. Probably 4-5 years old, perfectly adequate. Replaceable battery. Can you use it and an app to open the car doors? Preheat the cabin? See the state of charge?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if I'm buying a 35k+ car, i'm not worried about updating my phone. likely, i won't be doing either

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If you ignore the alerts and alarms, and manually forcing the car into a different lane, does it stay in the new lane or try to go back?

Bob Wilson

5. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've had my M3 since late July. I have a Samsung S7. I have no idea how it compares to any iPhone.
    But it works perfectly for the Bluetooth to unlock and lock the doors. The only think I don't like is that leaving BT on on my phone causes its battery to drain faster. But only if the phone is in a certain place in my house at night and the M3 is in the garage. If it is outside, battery drain is normal. It must be that I am right at the edge of the BT range and it is constantly connecting and disconnecting.

The app works great to track the GPS location, charge status, turn on/off climate, remote unlock/lock, etc

Mike

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yes, yes, & yes. Plus, if you're a couple hundred yards away in a football stadium parking lot , or similar area, not able to find your car, the app will let you blink the headlights and or honk the horn from any distance. I find honking the horn while my better half was stuck in traffic and I'm monitoring her from home on the app is tons of fun. Makes a car in front of her get irate

Plus there's an aftermarket app that's even better.

7. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nice ! Congrats, it looks great.

I’m supposed to take delivery of a SR+ in about 8 days

Wife gets the Volt, I get the Model 3, and daughter gets the PiP.

bisco and markabele like this.
  8. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    If you take over the steering "autosteer" shuts off.

bwilson4web likes this.
  9. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I bet you were grinning the whole way!

Regarding auto[pilot, there is no "full self driving yet". I presume you have EAP. One click down puts you into TACC but not auto lane change. Two clicks down puts you into Autopilot with auto lane change. Just turn on your blinker and the car will change one lane over when the path is clear and then auto turn off the blinker while still remaining in autopilot. No need to trun Autopilot back on.
    AND, you don't even need to live in S.D. to get S.D. registration and plates. Many of my neighbors in Mexico who have California cars and residences run S.D. plates in Mexico so they don't have to take them back to Californation for a smog check every two years.

I run two Android Galaxy S8 phones with our car - his and hers. They work just like and just as well as I-phones. However, the newer Android phones with the latest software do work better than older Android phones.
    Correct, manually taking over the steering will force the car out of Autopilot/autosteering, but will still remain in TACC.

@bwilson4web will not have this on his car. The version of AP ($2K option) he has ordered on his car will have auto steering but will not have auto lane change. Auto lane change, plus a lot more features,will require the additional FSD option ($3K in addition), even more ($5K) if he adds it after taking possession of the car.

10. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The AP I bought and that @bwilson4web bought are a $3k option and it does not have auto lane change since they moved that to FSD.