1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought my 2nd Prius today ...

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by 303inthe510, Apr 30, 2017.

1. 303inthe510

303inthe510 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm not typically a black interior fan, but I too preferred it to the other options in this gen 4. I had misty gray (the very light gray) in my last Prius, so this is a nice change that "should" hide the dirt better. I once had a 2005 Lexus RX with black interior that was shockingly bad, dissimilar trim pieces, plastics and other materials were not even close to replicating the same tone of black. This Prius black doesn't seem to suffer that same fate.

I noticed in your avatar that your front turn signal light appear to be on, functioning as park lights. I've noticed on my 2017 these lights are not on with the headlights. I wonder if this was a 2016 to 2017 change.

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I found the black interior too dark, at least on Trim Two. I ended up with the beige interior in my white Prius Two.

3. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Black interiors get VERY hot in summer sun. After sitting in the parking lot all day my new 2016 is searing hot instant full body sweat when I get in. My last Prius had the misty gray cloth interior blizzard pearl exterior, and heat was almost a non issue. Ahh well, the softex cools off fairly fast.

4. 303inthe510

303inthe510 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I've noticed that with our heat wave earlier this week. I did get the windows tinted and that should help.