1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought some cup holders lol!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by BreitrthnU, Dec 21, 2012.

1. BreitrthnU

BreitrthnU Can you smell the premix?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  2. GloryThief

GloryThief Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    interesting :)

3. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for being the guinea pig (unless somebody else previously puchased it). But $48.00 isn't chump change. However, I think it might work out pretty well.

Mike

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope they are NOT junk.
    $48.00 for what appears to be about a $5.00-$10.00 product in any generic manner, is a considerable risk.

If I'm dropping $50.00 or more for an accessory, I'm hoping it "nice", not junk.

5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    One problem that comes to mind is it's clipped in front of an air vent. So, unless you have a cold drink or an insulated cup or mug, it will get chilled.

I definitely would not put a cell phone there as shown in the pics. If you live in a humid area, chilling your phone then removing it to ambient and moist temps invites formation of condensation inside.

6. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Honda Fit, which I currently drive, has cup holders in front of air vents. I would consider it actually a plus. During the summer with the air conditioning on, it keeps any beverage cooler....and during the winter with the heat on...it keeps any beverage warmer. Which is usually what I want.

I agree about concerns about keeping Cell Phones in front of an active vent.

7. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Also, the picture shows the cupholder clipped into the RH (driver's side) air vent on a JDM vehicle. One would hope that the cupholder can clip into the LH (USDM) vent on the driver's side. From the pics it appears that the top edge of the cupholder is slanted to match the top of the RH vent perfectly.

Hopefully it fits into the LH vent, or you just purchased a nice passenger side cupholder for your Prius. ;)

8. BreitrthnU

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    air vents will be the same as picture, not worried about that. I just hope it clips in nice and firm, can actually hold weight like a 16oz soda, or wait big enough to fit a 16 0z or at the very least a can of soda.

9. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would test it with a cup full of rocks or something first. You don't want it full with something sticky that stains and it falls off the first aggressive corner, pothole, or who knows what. I never trust things that "clip". I want a screw or something more stable.

10. BreitrthnU

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So they come color matched to the vents.
    [​IMG]
    It will only fit a can of soda
    [​IMG]
    It seems pretty secure has double sided tape not to mention clips that will prevent it from falling out.
    [​IMG]

Ok don't go running out to buy them just yet. The tape needs to be replaced. It's kind of cold here so the 3m I'm using doesn't seem to be sticking. The pass side doesn't seem to clip in, it just sits. This will be continued later.

iPad ? HD

wotcher likes this.
  11. BreitrthnU

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I gave up and returned them. In the end only the driver side clicked in, the passenger side just slid in with no secure click. The sticky tape wasnt strong enough, then again neither was the 3M I put on and it could be because it was cold out. Ahh well now the community knows. I wanted them to work I really did. All in all Im out 6 bucks for return shipping.

spiderman likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks for the review!

13. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    good review that indicates the strengths and weaknesses. too bad, i like the passenger cup holder like a bimmer.