1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought used that has a third party camera, but no monitor; how to get wireless signal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by manoosie, Oct 22, 2012.

1. manoosie

manoosie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a used 2004 Prius that came with a backup camera installed, but no monitor. This is the camera installed:

VR3 VRBCS300W Wireless Back-Up Camera with 2.5" LCD Monitor : Amazon.com : Automotive

I plan on getting a lockpick, and would love to locate the monitor and input it to a video input into the main display. They don't make this model anymore, and the ones on ebay are $50+ and come with the camera, which I don't need or want.

The reviews mention that while driving around, they often pick up other video feeds from other cars, security cameras, etc. That makes me think there should be another way to pick up the camera feed other than having the monitor it was sold with.

Any techies out there know how to find a monitor or other device that can pick up the wireless signal from my backup camera?