1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bra

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clifford, Mar 25, 2006.

1. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tnymntna @ May 11 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]440132[/snapback]</div>
    Damn good price for the clear bra if it includes the complete package of hood, fenders, bumper and headlamps. Frankly, I'd stay away from any tint that is "free". Most of these are el-cheapo metallic film from the local auto parts store. If you have sat nav it'll impact reception. You get what you pay for in window tint and most places will guarantee their work for a number of years. The windows in my car (shown) have V-Kool and while it's metallic I don't really care because I don't have factory sat nav.

2. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wayne, I purchased the same OEM from the same e-bay dealer for my 06. The 06 and 07 bras are supposed to be the same as noted on the e-bay site because there was a redesign since 05. The 06-07 bra did not fit my 06 Prius. The straps for anchoring in the wheel wells did not reach the appropriate push screws for a proper fit. I returned it for a refund then emailed Toyota to inquire about purchasing one specific for my 06. Toyota replied that they do not manufacture a bra for 06-07. Did you make any special adjustments to anchor into the wheel wells? Do you recall the model number of the bra you purchased? Also, since I never got mine installed, please tell me how the bra is anchored around the headlights. Is there a strap that anchors under the headlights? Thanks.

3. powphilprius

powphilprius Elshawno~

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wonderful, by the way, do they have any bras that also block the air intake? I'm interested in better winter mpg. Thanks in advance...

4. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Ed @ May 11 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]440357[/snapback]</div>

Hi Ed,

My Prius is the 07 Touring Edition Model, I purchased the OEM bra from Deland Toyota. Installation was pretty easy, I set the Bra out in the sun for 30 mins before installing so its easier to stretch. Only adjustment made to anchor into the wheel was replacing one of the plastic snap cap with a screw that had the snap on button so that the bra can be snap onto, this came with the bra. As far as anhcored around the headlights there are two flaps one slips underneath the headlight and the other slips in the side of the headlights, thats it, its not that difficult to install at all. Hope this helps

Wayne

5. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've had good luck with one of those smoked plastic "moustaches" that are affixed to the lower front end of the hood, but which do not have direct contact with the paint. After three years, there is virtually no ding damage to the hood. I like the fact that the gizmo is not in direct contact with the paint, which is an objection I have to the form fitting clear plastic. Even though many Prius owners have installed the form fitting clear plastic, I'm reluctant to seal the paint inside a plastic bag. My hood protector cost me about 50 bucks including shipping, from Toyota Town in Langely, BC. For some reason, the Canadians get accessories we don't.

6. tnymntna

tnymntna New Member

(Damn good price for the clear bra if it includes the complete package of hood, fenders, bumper and headlamps. Frankly, I'd stay away from any tint that is "free". Most of these are el-cheapo metallic film from the local auto parts store. If you have sat nav it'll impact reception. You get what you pay for in window tint and most places will guarantee their work for a number of years. The windows in my car (shown) have V-Kool and while it's metallic I don't really care because I don't have factory sat nav.)

Well, actually, The tint provided for free is 3M tint or Llumar, what ever your choice. Not "el-cheapo" metallic film as you might think.

This web site is http://www.autoglassandtintshop.com/
    Check it out!

7. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wayne60014 @ May 14 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]441846[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Wayne!

8. aznDragonX

aznDragonX Junior Member

3M Clear Bra is the way to go!! I did it on my 02 Lexus IS300 which save my front bumper, hood, side mirror from rock chips! I bought two set of clear bra from a guy from Ebay..$200 per complete set. I am trying to get another set for my 07 Prius now. I will never go back to those ugly black car bra which will make scratch the paint and trap dirt underneath.

9. wbuttler

wbuttler New Member

I've got the black lebra two piece on my
    metallic gray and i think it actually looks
    good on the car.

Froley

10. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 25 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]229981[/snapback]</div>

best post of the day!

[​IMG]

(well... OK..... technically not from today.... but i just read it today!)