1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bragging on the Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Dec 7, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Being a former owner of a cool 04 Prius, and being lucky enough to have found PriusChat to learn all there is to know about the Prius. Now to step up to the 07 HyCam, Im forever bragging on the Prius to other drivers.

Im pretty sure it would make a nice first car for a HS student, or College student new or used.

After talking with a guy about the deal he had just gotten on the 1998 Expedition that gets 8mpg in the city & 13mpg on the highway. I told him the Hybrids are the way to go. to go farther on your money thats squeezed into every tankful.

He agreed and was amazed at the gas mileage of the Prius, but he did mention the articles that are reflecting negatives at the hybrids.. I told him that was the mud slinging by backers of the Big 3 auto makers.
    I even give out the web addy to those who I talk to & tell them to read the newbie section first and surf the site to learn more about this great medium car.

Has anyone else out there gone or is going out of their way to educate the public? That this is a new day, and age, And that Hybrids are the wave of the future, that is availible today.:cool:

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If anyone at work has a question about hybrids, they typically come to me. I guess that kind of counts.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The proof is in the sig.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Pretty much but so far it's split even between friends that love the hybrid idea and would get one and friends that don't want one cause it's slow, boring etc etc.

I've pretty much given up on the latter part since hybrids aren't for everyone so I'll just focus on the former and make sure the information I give is as accurate as possible.

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've heard the same arguments slow, boring, ect.

I quickly explain A. Slow? Nope 109 mph in 11sec., Boring? B. Nope all kinds of nifty do-dads. Its just sooo small. Nope take a look at one with the rear seat down. plenty of room to haul & you can get a trailer hitch installed!.. ;)

Even though I no longer own a Prius, I still promote them. As they are a great car, and the let the driver go farther on less.......

I do explain to the public that Toyota sold their technology to Honda, Ford, ect. and let the other manufacturers build their own set-up.. This seems to raise a few eyebrows, they then say wow thats really nice of toyota to share the tech.

6. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If someone wants info and are receptive to hearing about hybrids, I'll give them more than they can take. But I won't try to turn someone.

Good for you and your efforts.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :confused:

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    oops type-O

0-60 in 11sec. Top speed of 109 mph..;)

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For a moment there I was thinking, "why did you sell your Prius again?" :p

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL the real reason I traded up, was the wife likes to cook and we both gained a little and I hate having a car that looks like I was shoe-horned into...;)