1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake + ABS + Cabin Alarm > no brakes =(

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Oc.dreamer, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The tradeoff is, rlin78 could do it without disturbing the A/C but had to spend hours at it, so the reclaim and refill is likely to be the approach of choice for any shop that already has the equipment to do it. If I ever have to do it, I'll probably try rlin78's way.

-Chap

Brian in Tucson and Patrick Wong like this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry, posts crossed. I think the OP had the pump/accumulator replaced, not the actuator (separate assemblies on Gen 1). The shop manual does have A/C evac and recharge as steps in replacing the pump/accumulator, just because the lines are in the way. PC member rlin78 did find the job can be done without, if you're willing to do tedious work in close quarters.

-Chap

Patrick Wong likes this.
  3. DongGP5

DongGP5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey can you tell me how did you fix your prius in the end? The brake of my prius went down last night, same problem as you described.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Do you have any trouble codes to post for us, either from a Mini VCI scan tool, or by reading the light-blink codes? By reading this very thread you can find how to do both.

If you have not pulled codes yet, we have to be careful ... you said "same problem as you described" but until there is more information, all you really know is: same symptoms as Oc.dreamer described. But there are several problems that can cause the symptoms, and you would be unhappy to fix the same problem as Oc.dreamer, only to find out that wasn't the problem you have.

So ... codes. What you got?

-Chap