1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake, !, ABS, & VSC Warning Lights. Techstream says DTC C1343

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nate358, Mar 9, 2014.

1. nate358

nate358 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got Toyota Techstream up and running and I pulled 3 DTC. C1343 and B1421 as current. B1271 under History.

C1343 says it's a Hydraulic System(RR) issue
    B1421 says it's a Solar Sensor Circuit (Passenger Side) issue
    B1271 says it's a Combination Meter ECU Communication Stop issue

I have the freeze fram data for the C1343 if someone knows how to read it. I don't...

I can tell you that we have been having the Combination meter issue. And barking brakes.

We needed the Right Rear hub replaced and I asked him to bleed the brakes to see if that would fix the barking brakes. I asked him if he had Techstream software, but later found out he had a Snap-On diagnostic tool and not Techstream. While the car was getting fixed, I ordered a new battery to see if that would fix the Combination meter.

After I got the car back and replaced the battery, We got the warning lights I mentioned in the title. I took it back to the repair guy and asked him to pull the codes. He said, it doesn't have any codes and probably just happened because I just replaced the battery. He cleared them and on our way we went. A few Days later they came back. The car doesn't drive any different. So we continued to drive it. I went ahead and ordered the MVCI tool and techstream. I just got it working today and pulled these codes. The Hydraulic code may have to do with the wheel hub... but I'm just guessing. Anyone know how to read Techstream?

2. FreydNot

FreydNot Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can tell you the solar sensor one is normal. It is the photo sensor that tells the car if it is daytime or nighttime. B1421 is safely ignored.

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The B1271 CM communication problem would be a signature of needing to get the dealer to replace the CM under the extended warranty. If you see other CM problems, then you can be sure.

The C1343 has this to say:
    This may be related to the brakes not bled completely. The mVCI will let you do that yourself.

4. nate358

nate358 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yeah looks like I need to re-do the bleed. I'm assuming that the (RR) stands for right rear. That is where the Wheel hub was replaced. I'm pretty sure that the rear axle uses drum brakes and not disc rotors... so it wouldn't be for uneven wear. How detailed is the walk thru for the bleeding the brakes in techstream? Will I need to take off all the wheels to get to the bleed valves at once or can I do one wheel at a time?

5. nate358

nate358 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A