1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

brake/accelerator issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by sat narayan, Mar 25, 2017.

1. sat narayan

sat narayan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    when i am turning right at a busy intersection i apply speed to a stationery prius to move it into the main lane than once in right lane i apply the brakes to bring vechile lower the speed but my prius accelerator just keeps accelerating with engine sound reved up even when i am applying the brakes... for some reason the brake is unable to reduce the speed even though my foot is not on the speed and i can see speedometer rising when it shud actually be going down....i am in fiji but i imported this 2nd hand 3rd negeration toyota prius from japan
    can i please get some advise as to what cud be wrong and what i shud do

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Hmm, un-commanded acceleration. Sounds like the subject of a lawsuit several years back. Didn't it turn out to be floor mat interference? Or drivers that shouldn't have been driving? Don't know anything about models in the Japanese market.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Or a crashed/hung Task X.

-Chap

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how are you stopping the car?

5. sat narayan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    no i had removed mat n was still getting same issueapplying the brakes multiple times in quick succession n slowly the speed does go down this only from a stop and start position

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    very odd, doesn't sound like the unintended acceleration issue from the past. no dash lights?

7. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like you might have at TPS ( throttle position sensor) problem. It could be either mechanical, i.e. a sticking throttle plate in the throttle body or electrical, I.e. a bad accelerator pedal assembly. It could be caused by many things. You'll probably have to have it looked at by a professional.

sat narayan likes this.
  8. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You will need to look for TPS and accelerator voltage going to ECU. Measured by % .....other could be sticky accelerator pedal.....
    Usually gas pedal issue could be noticeable if you pushing on pedal and there is nothing happens or suddenly react much stronger than expected

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Merged, learn to use multi quote as you post back to back and back far too often

TPS malfunction will be triggered by ECU....where Gas pedal will only trigger engine light if there is no input once car is started...after that ECU can't recognize sticky or failing gas pedal

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

9. sat narayan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    ik the toyota dealer n fiji using their diagnosis machine an error code of C2300 which is ACTUATOR SYSTEM MALFUNCTION...they will give me more details later as to what this code means or refers to...please feel free to give your thoughts