1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake accumulator, TPMS, Radio and locks.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by alanwagen, Sep 8, 2019.

1. alanwagen

alanwagen Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well my '10 was getting squirrelly. Lock actuator acting up and not unlocking on drivers door. The radio has been freaking out for years. Work then doesn't work. TPMS would flash and then stay on, I assume it may be batteries and then go away Last but certainly not least, the brake accumulator buzzing every 15 seconds.
    The brake accumulator is a very expensive part with labor, I've heard around $3 to $4k. I may of qualified for a extended warranty but screw it. I traded for a normal Camry LE. Sure it doesn't get the mileage but it does ride better, quieter and has more power. It does get 39 hwy which is pretty good for its class.

BTW, the Costco Auto program is awesome, I got $5600 off including rebate an extra year bumper to bumper and a 7/70 powertrain warranties

Good luck and best regards.

RMB, Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great car, all the best!(y)

how many miles on the prius?

3. alanwagen

alanwagen Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It had 114k. The Prius is a good car. I got tired of the complexity and problems from it.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That brake accumulator is scary. I think I've got till November of 2020 to get it warranty repaired, the 10th anniversary, if I'm reading the notices correctly. Ours has been making noises off and on.