1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Actuator and Plock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SJ4405, Aug 21, 2020.

1. SJ4405

SJ4405 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a Gen2, 275k miles. Bought it for $400. When I bought it the car drove, was driving, with the brake alarm constantly sounding and it required you to push very hard on the brake pedal. I decided abs/brake actuator. Then it sat for 4 months or so. Dead battery, charged it, got the transmission P lock message, and the red car with exclamation point, the triangle, there were many lights. Got a new battery, changed and checked fuses, tried the 7.5A fuse/wire jump. Worth mentioning the fuse under the 7.5A one, the 25 A abs fuse was blown.

Is there a connection between the Plock and the Brake Actuator?

Should I carry on with the brake actuator repair before repairing or completely diagnosing the Plock problem? I have the week off work I want to get as much done as possible.

(I don't have techstream, I planned to plan on having a shop bleed the brakes. I stuck a can obd2 cheap scanner in and got no codes inspite of the check engine light.)