1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Actuator - Help finding correct part

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bjorn Parramoure, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Bjorn Parramoure

Bjorn Parramoure New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings everyone,

My brakes are soft, the alarm is always on and I need to replace my brake actuator in my 2008 Prius.

I know I shouldn't get a used part from the originally issued actuators, since they are all faulty like mine.

I don't want to buy a new part because I can't afford it.

So what I want is a used actuator that was issued to replace the old faulty actuators. As in, someone took their gen 2 prius in during the extended warranty period, and got their actuator replaced. That's the one I want, the replacement actuator, but not new - used.

Is there a way to tell when a brake actuator was manufactured? That way I can get a non-faulty one?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

-Bjorn Parramoure, Palatka Florida

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It like rolling dice... But maybe you can find a one from a wrecked low mileage 2009, that'd be your most ideal used part in this case. Also if you have any link on the faulty ones, I've not seen that yet and would like to learn more? Please share?