1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Actuator lack of coverage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Sanders Anderson, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Sanders Anderson

Sanders Anderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can anyone provide some insight on the current situation on the brake actuator warranty?
    My brake actuator went out while I was driving on a very busy road causing an incredibly dangerous situation.
    I am stunned that Toyota did not do a recall, but instead put in place an extended warranty on what they obviously know is a dangerous situation. Has anyone else had this conversation with Toyota? The extended warranty on my car expired in April and the brake actuator broke in October. Toyota says they have zero liability to cover it.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Sorry to hear about your loss of braking function, and glad it wasn't any worse.

Did you noticed any noises before or after the brake actuator gave up the ghost so suddenly.

Current warranty situation is we're on the line at this point, but let us know if you experience otherwise.

Which part of NE are you in or near, maybe someone could recommend an option besides the local stealership.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Report your scary experience with nhtsa

Skibob, srellim234 and SFO like this.