1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake actuator leaking?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hamza Mughal, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Hamza Mughal

Hamza Mughal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I recently had trouble with my car starting and got another actuator after already replacing one went through the steps on techstream and now the car refuses to relearn the linear valve offset. Another thing I noticed was the fluid getting lower and when I look at the actuator it is leaking. Could this be the brake lines being old, I am getting multiple codes such as c1256,c1345 and c1368 from the car

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If the actuator is leaking externally, that's bad. (Typically, when they 'leak', it is an internal leak, just taking fluid back to the reservoir.)

With a little effort you can probably narrow down where it is leaking from. If it is from where you attached a brake line, that connection might need some attention. If it is actually from an old or split brake line, you should be able to show that also, and you will know what line to replace. If the actuator itself is leaking, it is probably not your forever actuator.

You will probably have no end of codes and problems while a visible leak is present.

3. Hamza Mughal

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I see a brake line leaking, I will be redoing that, I see it visibly leaking maybe I put it on wrong but is that why the c1256 is there because the actuator is leaking air? And the pressure is low?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sure; there's no way it will ever hold correct pressure if the fluid just leaks out.

5. Hamza Mughal

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Okay so I will try taking the line off and putting it back together the correct way thank you! Will update

6. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    After you fix the leak you need to bleed the brake system but not with usual bleeding of techstream. Use the replace actuator bleeding. After the successful bleeding you will be able to complete the linear solenoid valve calibration. In summary, you take care of C1256 before you work on the C1345. C1368 will be taken care by the same calibration for C1345.

7. Hamza Mughal

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hey always appreciate you helping, I tightened the brake line after taking everything apart again and now there is fluid leaking from somewhere else. I am getting exhausted from working on the car and now I can’t seem to find where it’s coming from