1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake bleeding w/o Tech Stream

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by A617, Apr 3, 2015.

1. A617

A617 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So i came across this video on youtube (not mine) where someone flushed the rear brakes of a 2010 prius (gen 3) w/o techstream and not triggering an error code.

Im still not clear on how he place it in diagnostic mode, whether its the pin jump or was it a sequence of pumping the brakes and shifting the shifter or both.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would never have guessed that the Gen 3, all shiny CANbus and all, will still honor the same kludgey Tc-CG jumper blinkenlight and pedal-stomp dances that work on the Gen 1. Neat!

By the way, if you're not sure what he did, you'll find it all in your service manual on techinfo.toyota.com. I don't own a Gen 3 so I hadn't looked up the jumper procedures there, but it's nice to know they're still supported. Sometimes you get a code somewhere and you just don't have that scan tool with you....

-Chap