1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake bleeding?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tombukt2, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So just to be clear. My question is in order to bleed the brakes on my '09 Gen 2. I need to have the car completely back together and the hybrid system orange cables all connected and the plug inserted in the battery correctly just to bleed the brakes I can't just have the 12 volt running or live. I must have the whole car all back together the inverter mounted plugged up everything is this correct or can I bleed the brakes with just the 12 volt connected while the inverters cock to the side and completely unplugged what say you I'm going to pull the ABS pump tonight meaning I'm going to have the inverter all undone all the plugs out the things swung to the side and I can't do anything or squat until I put all that back is this correct.?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As far as I know, nothing in the brake bleed depends at all on the high-voltage system.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You just might get several DTCs that relate to whatever the state of disconnectedness the inverter is in. That is should no problem, just clear the codes after completing all your work, then do a fresh scan to make sure you have not introduced new codes.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's what we're doing we're going to try to bleed the brakes with the inverter completely disconnected and sitting to the side The plug is out of the hybrid battery obviously. And the 12 volt is completely intact when I open the driver's door I get an alerting beep like something is wrong seems that I should expect that. I just watched the video from Giovanni on YouTube that's 2 years old where he personally in his video replaced the ABS accumulator pump on an 09 Gen 2 Gold just like mine. And he used a cheap advance auto parts inNova brand scanner to clear abs codes. I own the same brand scanner and use it to clear the ABS codes on this '09 all the time after I've done something and it works He bled his brakes with a mighty vac no scan tool nothing. And has been driving the car for over 2 years He just sold it to his buddy who still driving it. Thanks