brake booster replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by agj, Mar 17, 2018.

1. agj

agj New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was told that my 2010 Pruis 2 brake booster system needed to be replaced after ABS warning lights came on and stayed. This replacement includes a cylinder and will cost $2500. The dealer is also saying that I need a new brake
    pump which will cost about $1000. He said that it didn't appear that there had been any leaking brake fluid but that this pump replacement was also part of the overall brake booster replacement. Does this sound correct? And has anyone had success in getting Toyota to pick up some of the cost since this repair was a recall and warranty enhancement on earlier models.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

unfortunately, since the extended warranty ran out, toyota has been reluctant to help. how many miles on her? would it make more sense to try and find someone who could install salvage parts?

3. Moe_subs

Moe_subs New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope you have not paid for this repair yet because Toyota has released an enhancement recall on the the brake booster pump and break booster assembly, its part of the service campaign ZJB. If you have already paid for the repair you can get a refund!!! Look into it, its a fairly new recall your dealership may not know about it yet.

4. David Lamb

David Lamb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Mine failed about 3 days ago should i wait and mabe get the letter on replacement?

5. Lynde Lu

Lynde Lu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This just happened to me as well! No lights on the dash yet but they think it's the brake booster pump going out