1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

brAKE issues

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Christophers, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Christophers

Christophers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Today my Prius c has started to make a squeaking noise while BRAKING, and noticed that that break pedal is much softer and I can fully push down the breaks with no resistance. I'm not to sure on the problem but my c is dropped. Any ideas thinking maybe that's the cause?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    How many miles on your Prius? Done any work to the brakes recently or had the pad thickness checked?

What is the level of brake fluid in the reservoir? Go down any steep inclines where you had to use the friction brakes a lot?

3. Christophers

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have 5k miles on my Prius. I live in Hawaii so racking up the miles it's pretty hard to do. The BRAKE fluid was almost full. I took it to toyota and they checked it out. They couldn't find the problem, they said might of had a air bubble in the line

4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    After the visit to Toyota, did the brake pedal return to what you expected, or still soft? In the short mileage you have, has the 12v been disconnected recently?

5. Christophers

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It' returned to normal but after driving to the other side of the island it did return to being really soft. No the battery hasn't been touched at all.