1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Light Wiring for Flasher module

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jessemkane, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jessemkane

Jessemkane Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Wanting to install a brake light flasher module on my actual tail lamps and NOT the 3rd brake light. Does anyone know where I can tap into the main wiring for the tail lamps before it splits off to each side? I just need the main power wire is all really. HELP!

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    There is no such point in the circuit; the branch for the left and right sides is taken before the branch for the center stop light, which comes from the left side. See the Stop Light pages in the System Circuit section of the Electrical Wiring Diagram, available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com.

3. Jessemkane

Jessemkane Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    There has to be a spot somewhere between the pedal switch that activates them and the lamps where its just a single wire running to the back, that's what I am looking to find. It doesn't need to be in the rear of the car and I expect it to be under the dash somewhere, can't find info where anyone else has done this yet so if I find it I will post the answer.

4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    There is no one wire that would allow you to switch the left and right stop lights without also switching the center stop light. If you don’t mind switching all three lights together, then you’re looking for the green wire between the A28 stop light control ECU assembly (also called the stop light control relay), pin number 1 (OUT), and the A50 junction connector, pin number 7.

HeadOfJarg likes this.
  5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It may not be street legal to do that depending on your residency of state because it strobes in unison with the other brake light. Turn signal bulb dead strobe will be okay because its only one light, not a pair. But I do see some here in CA with the double brake light wa/rning flash 3 times quickly then constant on.