1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Pump noise???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Alex Young, Jul 16, 2018.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    About 2/3 of the way down hobbit's page here, there's some info.

VFerdman likes this.
  2. Phildo

Phildo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    The ABS modules can be reconditioned for a hell of a lot less than the cost of a new part.

Or, getting a secondhand one isn't a problem (assuming that you know the mileage of the wreck that it came from).

Taxi workshops are dealing with this all the time - ask around and see if you can find a place that does a lot of Prius/Camry Hybrid taxi work, and they'll have solutions that are a lot cheaper than new parts.

Replacing the ABS module isn't exactly a five minute job, but someone who works on these cars regularly could get it done quickly.

YouTube clip:

3. VFerdman

VFerdman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have not heard of refurbishing these units nor have I ever seen a refurbished one installed anywhere in US. I would think that refurbishing would be great, but have not come across any such options. Do you by chance know of a place that refurbishes these things?

4. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    My Prius is doing the exact same noise. Did you replaced the actuator or are you still using it as such?

5. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I think that you should wait until the lights show up in the dash, then you replace the actuator.