1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake questions

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by MattNorge, Nov 1, 2022.

1. MattNorge

MattNorge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys

I don’t whether any of you can help with a couple of questions regarding the brakes on my car. First off let me say that my car is a European Prius Plus and I know it’s a slightly different car but I hope some parts will be the same. I haven’t had any response to a similar post on the UK Toyota forum so hopefully you guys will be a bit more knowledgeable.

The first Issue is with the parking brake. Over the years the cables that connect to the brake shoes have become corroded and need replacing. Am I right in thinking that these are two separate cables that connect to a central cable further down the car? Is it an easy replacement job?

The second issue is with the metal brake line on the rear passenger side. This is the metal line that the flexi hose connects to, again over the years it’s become corroded and needs replacing. Anyone have any experience with this? I know the brakes will need bleeding after changing this, I have techstream but haven’t done much with it.

2. MattNorge

MattNorge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    Update

Well I found where the parking cables join the central cable, right underneath the hybrid battery!

I know most of you won’t have any experience with this as the V has the battery in the boot. I need to get the central cooling duct out of the way somehow to get the access I need. This job would cost me around $900 at Toyota 702D5973-27D6-49C5-829D-50FEA033A7AB.jpeg 55D141F4-A313-489D-BC41-427DA0B1D57A.jpeg 2B1FB43E-BBFF-49D3-AAEC-02898CED2AE9.jpeg