1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake, Triangle !, ABS, & VSC Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jgspears, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jgspears

jgspears Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Recently while pulling into the gas station the brake, Triangle !, ABS and VSC lights came on. The dealer reset the error and said my ECU needs replacement at a cost of $1843. The Prius is a 2005 with 147000 miles. No problems since the reset so I am hopefull. I don't recall reading about a lot of others having to have expensive ECU replacements so I wonder how many have had similar problems and replaced their ECU.

Thanks.

Joe

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Which ECU? Most are very cheap on eBay and easy to replace. But humor me and do this first please.

Get a dc voltmeter. Open hood and access battery jump points in black fuse case.

Push the start button twice without foot on brake. Thats in ignition mode and puts load on 12 volt battery. What does the 12 volt battery voltage measure in this mode across jump points?

09 Toyota Prius ECU ECM Computer Number 89661 47250 | eBay

3. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Codes Joe, we need the diagnostic trouble codes that your stealership cleared to know which ECU was "bad".

Man oh man I HATE STEALERSHIPS!!!!!!!