1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake, VSC, ABS, ((!)) Lights on, Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by KJ Fitz, May 12, 2017.

1. KJ Fitz

KJ Fitz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I ran through the checks recommended here. Battery OK, Charged it up to full anyhow, as long as it was out.

Inverter coolant/pump? Hmm, fluid low. Topped it off. Pump runs. Still had the lights.

*** Note; I found many references to "turbulence" in the reservoir showing it was working. There isn't what *I* would call "turbulence" (possibly because I used to fly though typhoons for a living), but with a flashlight light you can see the stuff is at least moving.

Jumpered OBDii points 4 & 13, made the car "Ready" and pumped brakes eight times in under 5 seconds (this took a couple tries). The lights went out, appear happy to stay out.

*** Note; I saw some references to attaching an OBDii scanner possibly tripping these lights "On." I did indeed use a scanner a couple weeks ago. Didn't see the lights at the time, but my Son drives this car. He claims they just showed up yesterday.

Anyhow, the lights are all out, hopefully for good.. Total cost -- $28.00 for a gallon of coolant, (used less than a pint) and a paper clip. I'll keep an eye on the coolant level in case there's a leak somewhere.

Many thanks all, including Patrick Wong who posted the above jumper - pumper sequence, for the assistance.

Dontcha love a story with a happy ending?

2. Sandollars

Sandollars Prius Maven

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Great news!!!! Congrats!

3. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Where did the coolant go? Look for the leak.

How low was the level in the reservoir? Was it ever empty?

4. KJ Fitz

KJ Fitz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, it was at the "low" marker though. I'll be able to get to a lift soon, but will watch it in the interim.