1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brakes, ABS, VSC, and (!) lights are on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Landon Bruno, May 27, 2019.

1. Landon Bruno

Landon Bruno New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the other day my father and i replaced my wheel hubs because my front wheel bearings were grinding, we’ve done plenty of work on other cars and some work on my car as well so when we did it we put everything back where it belonged. after driving about one block and barely using my brakes to slow down while putting my seat belt on, all the warnings lights listed above came on except for my brake light. my car was driving fine regardless so i ignored it for that night since i hadn’t been able to really drive my car much for the last few weeks. later that night i was entering the ramp to get on the highway and about when i hit 55 mph my speedometer went to 0 immediately and my brake light came on, that instantly concerned me so i headed home to talk to my dad about it, the only conclusion we could come to was that the censor next to the brake caliper was screwed in too tight or not enough or just screwed in wrong. the next morning we take the wheels off to find there was no problems with anything. within the next 2 days i noticed my gas tank meter was steadily fluctuating 2 bars above and below where it actually was. so now i have no idea if i need gas or not also. this website helped me figure out my wheel bearings needed to be replaced so i figured posting this could be my best bet since the nearest toyota dealership is 45 minutes away and im not sure if this is something to be concerned about