1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

brand new prius w loose bolt under generator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PTcar, Jul 9, 2006.

1. PTcar

PTcar Junior Member

Anyone heard of this problem: rattle under the left front hood due to a loose bolt under the generator, on a brand new car?

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow!.... why can't they grab it with a magnet or high pressure air to blow it out?...

I don't trust dealers too much.... I had a little electrical component fixed for the windows... the story I got was it had to be shipped from japan and the final job cost over 800.00.

I really think the dealers like to stick it to Toyota whenever they can... almost reminds me of HMO's how they like to stick it to medicare every chance they get. Alot of dishonesty out there.

I'm sure they will take care of you alright, but as to whether the "really" take the engine apart or just say they did to charge toyoata is my question.

It sure seems a bit incompetent that they can't figure out a way to get a simple bolt out without such a hoora display of idiocity.

They have all kind of extension grabbers etc that should be able to grab something like that it seems?

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I tend to agree with windstrings about the relationship between the dealers and car companies. But that shouldn't have to be your problem all you care about is getting your car fixed. My guess is that it will be fixed and you won't have any more problems, how's that for optimism?

If you have more problems and suspect this dealer isn't doing a good job for you go to another one. You can also call Toyota and see what they say, the number is in your owners manual.

I have never thought the Friday afternoon/Monday morning manufacturing syndrome applied to cars that come from Japan. Almost all of the Priuses are of really high quality other than the occasional little glitch so you should be OK.

4. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PTcar @ Jul 9 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]283309[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe you should hope that they can't fix it and then buy a Scion XBox. The dog will love it !!!

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PTcar @ Jul 9 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]283309[/snapback]</div>
    By "left" you mean facing the car, passenger side, or do you mean "driver side?"

Bob Wilson

6. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Or more precisely, what exactly does "under the generator" mean?
    And what was the bolt *supposed* to be screwed into?
    _H*

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you mean a bolt installed but not tightened? Or a bolt just sitting out loose somewhere?

I got my first can of WD-40 because the dealer left it sitting on a strut in the engine compartment of my Mazda 323. I wonder what else he left there that fell out during the 15 mile drive home?