1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brand new prius with poor MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by prius dreamer, May 26, 2004.

1. N9IWP

N9IWP New Member

I get mixed up with whether/weather/wether :oops: , so I always type "WX"

I think I got it from ham radio before flying

Brian
    (PP-ASEL)

2. roverman

roverman New Member

not to worry

Not to worry. I got the exact same milage on my new prius in april. i just filled up with 455 miles and only used 8.7 gallons. I live in florida so I use the a/ca a lot! the key , well for me any way is as follows. no jack rabbit starts. when you get to the desired speed. ease up on the accerator! if your on the consumtion window you will see the gas engine go off. then very lightly apply pressure on the pedal. you will get the hang of it. I seldome go over 60 on the interstate but sometimes you just have to. I have noticed if i am just crusin' around town after work it actually helps my milage. it all comes with practice. just remember aggressive driving will kill your mpg! I look at it this way. my prius is keeping me from getting a speeding ticket. I drive about 400 miles a week on my job and it is a combo of highway but i must admit. i am no longer in such a hurry to get to the nest light. all those people that pass so fast are usually waiting for you at the next light anyway. so.......... :lol:

3. roverman

roverman New Member

oops, i forgot to mention on my last post that the 52.2 mpg was at a little over 5000 miles since april....