1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brand New (Used) Prius v5 Owner!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by lvidmar, Jan 31, 2019.

1. lvidmar

lvidmar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Picked up a used 2012 v5 last week, and I *like* it. 109k miles, Adv Tech pkg, JBL, etc....

These may fall under frequently asked questions, but haven't found clear answers searching yet.
    1. Having the Adv Tech Pkg, I have Adaptive Cruise Control, and Parking Assist, but not Lane Keep Assist.. so I have all the sensors, right? Is it still not possible to add LKA?
    2. Wanting to update my Entune system, is the best solution to take to dealer? Is it even worth it? Should I just replace the Head Unit with something that supports CarPlay? If I replace, what car features do I lose? I gather it is not practical to attempt DIY updating Nav, and prepare to pay beaucoup bucks to dealer for it?
    3. If I want to get a spare set of rims for winter tires (on the cheap-- like CL or FB market), how do I know what numbers to look for? In addition to 17", I gather I need to look at offset, bore, width, etc...
    4. Can I remove the rear seats for storage/sleeping when camping, and have a semi-quick-release system to re-install them when I need to haul passengers?

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    LKA should be there. I would download the manual and learn how it should be used. I would expect it just gives alarms. You would lose many functions without the head unit. If you want more power just add a speaker level amp. Updating the maps is a dealer only thing at a cost. Most likely you are ok with the original maps unless you go to new communities routinely. The wheel specs - go down to a dealer and ask for your car. The seats semi quick release is a small ratching end wrench.

(Search on this site is poor. Instead go to google and search like “2012 prius v 5 wheel specs”. Add “priuschat” to the search and google will search this site as well) EBA01D02-2188-4E68-BAD1-5FC480CB33B5.jpeg

#2 rjparker, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    lvidmar likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, all the best!(y)

lvidmar likes this.
  4. lvidmar

lvidmar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The LKA button isn't on the steering wheel, looks like attached picture.

Attached Files:

5. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like Prius v did not have LKA yet in 2012.... my car is a v3.... from owners manual
    atp2.jpg

#5 rjparker, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  6. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think the confusion on Lane Keep Assist stems from the fact that the standard Prius had it according to this press release:

2012 Toyota Prius, America's Best-Selling Hybrid, Adds Revised Styling and Advanced Infotainment Features | Toyota USA Newsroom

“The top-of-line Prius Five model’s Advanced Technology Package for 2012 includes the Premium HDD Navigation System, plus the Head-up Display, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Pre-Collision System and Lane Keep Assist. The Pre-Collision System retracts the front seatbelts and applies the brakes in certain conditions when it determines that a crash is unavoidable. Lane Keep Assist can help the driver stay within the lane.”

7. lvidmar

lvidmar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  8. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    nice. enjoy the new vehicle and welcome!

lvidmar likes this.
  9. Twelve12

Twelve12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats. I am waiting for my Prius v. Monday is delivery day. I'm so excited. Waiting has been hard, but on the good side, I have doen a lot of reading about my car make/model.

lvidmar likes this.
  10. Synergistic

Synergistic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought mine today! Same car as you but a few less miles. Many adventures await!

lvidmar likes this.