1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

breaking into a prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by starla30, Jan 16, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK the lack of solid I remember (now that you have reminded me, a mind is a terrible thing to loose) I guess I came away with the idea that it had to be ferrous. I hate it when all the things I learned (but rarely use are lost). Thanks

2. fjd123

fjd123 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gshepherd @ Feb 21 2005, 01:58 PM) [snapback]66229[/snapback]</div>
    SO taking this a little further, is it a safe assumption that turning off the SKS system will make the care less likely to be 'hacked', because the passive rf ID isn't going to be 'helpful' to an electronic thief since it only works when the FOB is in the in-dash ignitions slot?

What WILL make the Prius less vulnerable to the key hacks now?

frank

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ammiels @ Jan 16 2005, 11:09 AM) [snapback]63920[/snapback]</div>
    Why not just leave out the battery from the spare fob? You slip it into the slot in the dash to drive.

It's an emergency situation, after all. You can lock/unlock with the metal key, then worry about convenience when you get home.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ May 9 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]252576[/snapback]</div>
    Doh administers a dope slap to self. Of course, simple.

5. pendetim

pendetim Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32 @ Jan 17 2005, 01:31 PM) [snapback]64132[/snapback]</div>
    Your comment about "auto-lock" caught my attention.
    I have only had my Prius for a Week now so I am still on the learning curve. Could you explain the auto-lock comment? Can the car be set to auto-lock the doors when the SKS is not in range of the RFID transponder? Can the car be set to auto-lock the doors when the wheels start turning?