1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BREAKING NEWS! 2010 Prius Photos posted on PriusChat First! Confirmed real!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Oct 15, 2008.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The car shown integrates a number of current Toyota F1-inspired design cues such as the deep front valance with wide air foil-like air inlet and badge-capped protruding proboscis that extends up over the hood, mimicking the fuselage of the racing car. The recessed vertical fog lights also follow the brand's latest styling trends, while the Maxima-esque headlamp clusters are particularly creative.

As for the interior image, it certainly looks like a stock vehicle. A spacey looking dash-top organically forms into the instrument cluster, which from this angle appears to be centrally mounted, while the centre stack protrudes into the cabin like some other Toyota products have in the past, although this one floats above an open storage area below that also features dual-side access to power outlets, before connecting to the armrest-cum-storage bin to the rear. It's an innovative idea that adds credibility to this overall design...

Is This the 2010 Toyota Prius? | Toyota Auto Newss | Automobile.com

2. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry but it looks like George Barris influenced the front end design :biggrin1:

3. mxvet

mxvet humble

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    this is all well and good, but which headlight design will be on the production model????

4. Derek

Derek New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    After sleeping on it and coming back, I must say that I am now happy with the design. Really, the only thing throwing me off is the headlights. I was expecting an updated vertical headlight. Can't wait to hear about all the specs!

Danny, you must be proud that the pics were posted here first. Both last night and this morning, the database has been crashing! You must be getting insane traffic to the website right now. :)

5. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Assuming the "ovals" on the cluster is actually circles, I corrected for the distortion and then applied the same correction factor to the other photo.

Attached Files:

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The steering wheel control images on the dash are probably to address the -many- complaints that the steering wheel control lighting wasn't bright enough. Putting the image on the dash helps you to figure out where the switch you want is without taking your eyes (very far) off the road.

Moving the MFD down will get it out of the sun, making it a lot easier to read at sunrise/sunset. Especially in winter in higher latitudes.

Completing the console (filling it in) allows body stiffening to go there, making it easier to meet crash worthiness standards.

The front seats must be all the way forward in the interior pic. It can't be that tight! Perhaps someone was checking some rear floor fitting or installing instrumentation back there at the time the pic. was taken.

I'll bet somebody at Toyota is scrambling to figure out who they should fire for sneaking out these pics.!

Relax guys. It's still speculation unless you -want- to confirm them. Your Detroit intro. is still going to be great!

7. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

Re: BREAKING NEWS! 2010 Prius Photos posted on PriusChat First! Real or no?

I fully, absolutely, completely, no doubt about it, agree with that. Why did they make it look more "normal". Part of what I loved about the shifter being on the dash is that it wasn't same old, same old.

Fire the designer!

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Will we get a new pic from Prius Team on the coming Monday? I hope so...

9. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

Re: BREAKING NEWS! 2010 Prius Photos posted on PriusChat First! Real or no?

Wrong. Have you looked at the back of a Camry lately. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGLY. The same is true of the dash. I literally couldn't stomach looking at either and wouldn't have bought a Toyota if that was the only choice. Thankfully the Prius looked really good.

Also, did you see the Solorus (spelling) that they discontinued. Slow sales weren't because people didn't want a convertible. They didn't want a "bashed with an ugly stick for five weeks" convertible.

Toyota cars have been getting uglier and uglier over the last five or six years. If they mess up the Prius I won't know what to buy. It certainly won't be a Ford or Chevy or Chrysler or Honda or ... Maybe I'll end up buying a Citroen. They may not look the best but they are better looking than the Camry or Solarus.

10. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I really like the hollowed space where the new 12V is located. It means you can now USE that space to put things like MP3 player etc. without having cable clutter everywhere. It's also better to have the 12V outlet in the center instead of to one side. Very convenient.

In fact, I've just bought the Purse Tray from the Priuschat shop so that I can put things in that middle area, whereas before it was all wasted space. The Purse Tray works absolutely great, BTW. I highly recommend it.

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Can you apply the same fix to the closeup front end picture? I think that one is stretched / distorted as well.

12. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

not just mp3 player - A4 sized folders were seen in there - which means it is quite large - which is great...

13. gak27

gak27 Prius, Take Two

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is it just me, or is the perspective in the new "5th" picture really off? To me it looks like the roof console w/ the map lights and their perspective is "to the right" but the button assemblage's perspective is "to the left"...

14. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I corrected them from 4:3 to 16:9 ratio. It looks much better now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

And where do we go to tell them how much we hate the center console and the new styling in general?

16. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The "SOS" button on the overhead. I wonder if that is suppose to be like the On Star feature.

17. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    These pictures . . . won't someone please just kill me . . .

:p

18. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That button is visible in the second photo in post #76 (interior). It is located right next to the 12volt power receptacle. It is a cover for a port for an input for a user provided device, ipod, or mp3 etc.

19. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I hate the center console. That's for sure! The open space we all have now on our cars is one of my favorite things. It's so easy to put stuff there and makes things look nice and clean looking. Not cluttered. I am dying to see a picture of the back though!!! Overall I'm not entirely impressed. It doesn't look like THAT much of a change...but then maybe in person it will be great?? We shall see!!!!

20. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I won't really get excited until I see a plug-in version of the Prius; until then, my '07 will suit me just fine...

That's the only thing I wish I had now in my Prius--plug-in capability so that I would almost never have to use any gas.