1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by pianewman, Jun 15, 2020.

1. pianewman

pianewman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2018 Prius Four Touring, 17" wheels, OEM Ecopia Plus 215/45R17, 29k miles.

Adequate tires in every way, until I encounter the ubiquitous rough aggregate concrete here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth region. (My son's 2018 Prius Two, with 15" OEM Ecopia Plus, is MUCH more civilized!) On the rough concrete, normal conversation is impossible.

My wife likes the look of the OEM wheels.but I'm thinking of replacing with 15s, but that's expensive, with tires/sensors/etc.

SOOOO...has anyone tried the Turanza Quiettrack yet? TireRack rates it at the very top, much higher than the EcopiaPlus, especially for ride/noise comfort, BUT there are only 130k miles of reviews on the ratings page.

TIA.

Mambo Dave likes this.
  2. StevefromOhio

StevefromOhio Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I replaced my Toyo tires with the Bridgestone Turanza's and it was the best move I've made next to getting the Comma 2 level 2 driving system.
    The Bridgestone Turanza Quiet tracks are what they are advertised as....very quiet....way more quiet than the Toyo factory tires. They handle pretty well in rain and road feel is pretty good. On the highway, the Bridgestones are fantastic so far. It has made my 2018 Prius 4 feel more like a luxury car instead of a compact. Ride quality is improved and so far I am very happy with them.

Mambo Dave, ice9 and Merkey like this.
  3. pianewman

pianewman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, StevefromOhio. Your wheels are 15s, right?

4. StevefromOhio

StevefromOhio Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes, they are the factory 15 inch wheels.

5. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four

What kind of MPG are you getting with the Turanza's as compared to the Toyo's?

6. StevefromOhio

StevefromOhio Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I am actually getting better mileage. I was getting around 55.6 MPG average and now am getting 64.4 on average. It could be that I am using the Comma 2 driving system more now and that really is helping with the MPG's.