1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bridgestone Turanza T002 tyres

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by au_prius, Jan 15, 2017.

1. au_prius

au_prius Australian Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently took delivery of a 2016 Prius i-Tech (Australian model) [ZVW50]. Needless to say, I am thrilled by the improvement over my beloved 2008 Prius 2nd Generation.

I have a brief tyre question -- I was expecting LRR tyres like the Bridgesone Ecopia EP422 (or similar), but instead mine came with the Bridgestone Turanza T002. I'm curious to know whether US or European-delivered 2016 PRIUS comes with this particular tyre? Does anyone else have any experience with the Turanza T002?

2. Moving Right Along

Moving Right Along Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    According to Bridgestone's Australia site, they say the Turanza T002 is OEM for the 2016 Prius. Bridgestone Turanza T002 – Bridgestone Tyres

I can't find much else about it. The T001 is listed as a summer tire, so I'm not sure if that means the T002 would need to be changed out for winter tires when it gets colder or not.

RCO likes this.
  3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I couldn't spot anything more about it locally - but I found this on EURO Bridgestone site:

Bridgestone ECOPIA and TURANZA Tyres Featured as Original Equipment on 2016 Toyota Prius

which indicates that it's the 17" supplied in EU and Japan. It also seems to be only made in one size - for PRIUS.

Mine is the base model (I've never seen an i-Tech here in Brisbane area), and has EP150 15" - I don't think it's a particularly good tyre, rough and not great grip compared with Bridgestones I've used in the past, but that may come as part of the LRR aspect.

au_prius and RCO like this.
  4. gatoman39

gatoman39 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here in Europe we get the Bridgestone T002 for the 17 inch rims. It's a summer touring tire. Unlike N America, we switch tires in the winter, so that is something that is just assumed the owner will take care of. According to this UK website. The tires have a rolling resistence of C, wet braking at B. So basically, there are better tires in the aftermarket, which is true for about every OEM tire that I have experienced across many different auto manufacturers.

RCO likes this.