1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bring on the suggestions and complaints about the site

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Jun 1, 2004.

1. FarNorth

FarNorth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Danny,

I changed all the "yes" to "no" in the profile/preference and now the board announcements and stickies don't appear at the main index or forum- they now appear at the beginning of each thread.

Can you give me the setting to have the announcements and stickies to appear at the index level ONLY?

Thanks for your efforts on the site. I visit the site frequently and have been able to gain valuable information about our Salsa #7 here.

Raymond

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't believe that there is an option for this since certain stickies & announcements are forum-specific. Sorry!

3. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

Hi Danny,

You mentioned you'd help place my little picture under my name in my posts. Because I was having trouble making it meet your requirements, you asked that I email that picture to you. I sent it to you a few days ago. Did you receive it? Do you need anything else from me?

Ken

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for reminding me, I just forwarded it on to Evan for his assistance.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There ya go, Ken. Thanks, Evan for the help!

6. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

Thanks guys! Good job!

Ken

7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is it theoretically possible to enable jumping directly to the first unread message within a thread, either from within its forum or from the view unread posts list?

8. jchu

jchu New Member

From the "view unread posts" list click on the little yellow box between the arrow and the thread title and it will get you to the point at which you stopped reading that thread.

Jon

9. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Quote:
    Wow, it even tells you that if you hover over it! Now I feel silly. Maybe some navigation tips need to be added to the FAQs?

10. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I never noticed it before either, and now it is an essential component to my enjoyment of PriusChat! I endorse any suggestions to document this feature more conspicuously.

11. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    The feature that leads you to the newest posts within a given topic does not work correctly when you switch from one computer to another. I haven't figured exactly how far off it is. It seems to be off by approximately one session, but I haven't verified this by logging out and logging back in again, just before switching to another computer.

12. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Danny, I'm sure you're busy with your new house, but the avatar gallery is still empty. It's not a high priority, but it would be kind of nice to have a picture....

LewLasher, I've experienced the same thing on other sites. It probably has to do with the cookies on a particular computer, and not with your personal login.

13. jchu

jchu New Member

Danny,

Just being redundant as I look at an overwhelming number of posts since I haven't be here for 36 hours. Would like to be able to throw out some of the posts, weeding if you will, first, so that it is not so hard to focus on the ones I might be interested in today.

I know that you have way too much on your plate right now, including the new house. I deal with the same overload daily as well (which is actually why I have suggested this). Maybe this particular Board modification would take too much time when other things have a much greater priority. But just wanted to know that I was heard.

Sincerely,

Jon

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Jon -

I don't think that that functionality is possible right now. As soon as I get settled and get my broadband on at the new house (soon I hope) I'll be able to do some more work on the site and we'll also be doing another software update. Part of this update will allow users to "bookmark" threads that they find interesting and want to visit again on their next visit.

That will be integrated in with the Profile Control Panel.

I still don't know a way to do what you're asking though - as much as I would like to and as cool as it sounds!

15. jchu

jchu New Member

Thanks for listening!! Like to look at most all the threads from time to time. Just don't have the time most of the time!

Jon

16. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know this is an OLD thread, but it's the closest that I could find to what my suggestion is.

Would it be possible to add an option to the "My Controls / Control Panel / Board Settings" that allow us to display the threads in "reverse chronological" order -- Newest First? This would mirror the set-up of the Subforum main pages.

As it is now, when you open a thread, the first few posts are displayed. (Even if the original post was 2 - 3 years ago and there are a total of 5 pages of posts.) To see the latest posts, you need to jump to the last page.

An example how this would work is on the GreenHybrid forum. (I know, it's heracy to look at non-PriusChat related boards. ;) )

If this is already possible and I cannot find the answer, please forgive me. (BTW, I'm not talking about using the "Show Latest Posts" options.)

Thank you for your consideration of this request.