1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Broken-hearted: Lost my Prius Prime Opportunity

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by AngelaHeartsPriusPrime, Jan 9, 2019.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    tesla

ed4271 likes this.
  2. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, it sounds like you would be thrilled to undo your mistake and get into a nice prius prime. SO DO IT.
    get refund on anything you can right now. warranty etc.
    check into the current manufacturer rebate being offered in your state,it its not 5k, then pick the car you want in NJ, call first, drive down here and haggle the hell out of them. trade your car in , dont buy any warranty etc etc. you can get the fed tax credit and maybe a state credit in your state. the price diff will be minimal. and you have the car of your dreams. then you will drive it for the next ten years. instead of a corrolla. wether you end up paying 35k or 25k for whatever you drive, over the next ten years that only a grand a year difference. 3500 a year or 2500 a year. my happiness is not worth worrying about a grand a year difference.
    just do it quick !! rebate expires end of the month, and cars are still selling, you want a color and trim level you like!!
    i just bought a titanium premium with black softex interior at princeton toyota. 25923 OTD tax tags dealer fees everything. actual car was 23977. tax 1439 and fees 507 and later on i get a 4502 fed credit and 750 rebate in PA. your trade covers that entirely, likely you could get the advance trim and still pay zero. (then you get the credit and rebate) you actually make some money back i think !! if your original dealer wasnt such an azz i would go there and do it there for some goodwill pricing. they already got one commission from you. but they sound like jerks and i dont know if they can get the 5k toyota rebate right now. stop regretting and complaining and soul searching and get it done !!!!!!!!!!!! i mean that in an encouraging nice way. GO.

3. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    oh yeah, i forgot to mention search on cars.com i t was really helpful to find the cars and dealerships that had them.

4. noonm

noonm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I don't think what you did was stupid. You ordered what you wanted from the dealership, but they weren't able to deliver. Then they offered you something less of which you could have probably gotten a better price elsewhere. That's not your fault, that's theirs.

Fire that dealer and contact Toyota directly. I don't know if Toyota can do anything for you, but at the very least they would certainly want to know how one of their dealers treated you.

I did something similar (bought an extended warranty with the car). If its the Toyota VSA, you can cancel it directly through Toyota, so you don't have to go back to that crappy dealership. You have to make the cancellation request in writing, but call Toyota Financial to get the address and/or fax number to send the letter.

If you still want that Toyota Prius Prime, don't give up! It may take a little time and hassle, but keep at it, shop around and don't let these dealerships push you around.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agree with both of the above. keep the corolla until you reach breakeven, then buy a prime when the rebates are over and the tax incentives run out.

6. jnpSacto

jnpSacto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Perhaps a 2023 Prius Prime is in your future!!!!