1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Broken Prius, need some help.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cismas.alex12, Mar 24, 2022.

1. cismas.alex12

cismas.alex12 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Long-short story, my wife had an accident with the car and I need some replacement parts. I found someone who is dismembering a prius, but I would need some help with components ( name or codes). I spoke with a mechanic, he took away all the broken parts and after that he went to another country for working. At the moment I have a car with parts missing and I don`t know for sure what I need. Other mechanics are not willing to help me as the car already is taken apart. So for the moment I need to figure out my self the missing parts. I can include all the necessary pictures and I can check whatever you need. Thanks a lot for helping me .

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This sounds like a challenging project.

Are you able to access the parts diagrams at parts.toyota.com from Romania?

If you have a large number of parts to look up, it will probably not prove practical to have people on PriusChat identify and look them up for you; it will probably be much faster and more satisfactory to become familiar with how to look them up in the diagrams yourself. We can help with that.

One drawback to looking on parts.toyota.com is that it will show the parts used in the US market. There may be some parts that are different in Ro. I do not know whether Toyota has a similar web site for the parts for your local market. Naturally, if they do have one, it would be a better choice for your situation.