1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brown goes to China but not Nevada

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Jun 10, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: California and China Collaborating To Lead ZEV Deployment

California Governor Jerry Brown and Air Resources Board chair Mary Nichols met with Chinese auto and battery makers Wednesday in Beijing to support bringing more zero emission cars, trucks, and buses to their roads.

Representatives from BYD, Beijing Auto Group, Great Wall, Geely, Dongfeng Xiao Kang, Yangtze Motors, and a half dozen other vehicle manufacturers and battery companies, attended the meeting.

What bothers me is California actually pass revenue laws to make expensive (aka., Tesla) owners pay more. IMHO, Brown and Nichols owe Musk a visit and fix the hostile to Tesla legislation.

Source: California Governor Brown's proposed $100 annual EV tax and $175/year "expensive car" tax | Page 2 | Tesla

Bob Wilson

LasVegasaurusRex likes this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This whole topic is strange - in that Toyota & other fuel cell Lobby members put the squeeze on Cali elected officials to help hydrogen car implementation. Ultimately that's not doing very well for the numerous reasons mentioned all over the web . Next thing you know - & after the lobby gets their way (incentives cut for those in the best financial position to be able to get a large battery tesla), Toyota skipped town & took their corporate headquarters to another state. Got some theories - but - still scratching my head. I do have to wonder. Could it be that large format traction packs, ones w/over 300 mile ranges - although the very most costly, are the biggest hydrogen threat? Nah, probably just a coincidence

#2 hill, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Agreed. The CARB electro-political actions are almost as bizarre as the great orange one.

Bob Wilson