1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brz wheel tpms sensors vs prius

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Recian, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Recian

Recian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got a set of BRZ wheels with sensors. Since apparently Toyota changed something in TPMS registration process in 2018 prius my Signal Tech 2 TPMS learn tool can't pick up pirus 2018+. It will only read 06-17 even with the newest 2021 update. My snap-on tpms tool also only does 06-17. I can't confirm if these will work on my 2018 prius because I can't read the data on my existing sensors. Theyre shaped the same but from what I'm reading they're different frequencies. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to get another set of sensors rather than dismount and swap my sensors from my other rims so I've got 2 sets.

2. ISFdude

ISFdude New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They are the same part number, I installed BRZ wheels on my 2017 Prius and had to reprogram the sensor ID’s to the computer and everything is good. Just make sure the sensors are part number PMV-C010 and you are good to go.