1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT.... Loading..... 37 seconds

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by krausternet, Mar 26, 2013.

1. krausternet

krausternet Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I get in the Prius (2013 level 3) and push the POWER ON it takes a while (37 seconds) for the bluetooth on my iphone 4 to connect and load before the audio starts playing. Of course this is not a hardship, nor a complaint, but I am wondering why it takes that long? and if there are any ways to speed this up? I think I read that it is loading the phone contacts, which is useful. Is there a setting to keep the contacts in the car's memory so that it doesn't have to load them each time and maybe speed up the load time.

2. Willco Electronics

Willco Electronics Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It might be that it loads the phone list and music list. I use an ipad for music and a cheap bloothtooth tracphone and I don't have a problem. My phone links up almost immediately.

3. krausternet

krausternet Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I could imagine that it might be loading the contact list every time. I don't really have a lot of friends ;) but I do have 354 contacts. Even with that amount I would think that could be done in the blink of an eye. And it can't be loading all the music. Maybe 4 or 5 long playlists with 100 entries in each but not the actual mp3 files.

4. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    For anybody that has this problem with a 2013 Five, I'll trade my 2010 V (same as a Five, but in Roman) for no cost to them.

Sure, my 2010 won't load your contacts automatically (you can download and permanently store all phone numbers as a group manually, or not at all; and addresses are not available - not sure if they are on newer models or not), but the audio connects in probably half the time or less!