1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Stiffening Plate Review

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by OUscarb, Mar 8, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don Y @ Nov 15 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]349538[/snapback]</div>
    Opps..your right!.... Ray just wanted to test....
    My apologies!

I was thinking about some of the other test mentioned on their unbewares wives!

2. lytthans

lytthans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My local Toyota dealer installed the BT plate today, at no charge. They were very impressed with it's size and construction. Obviously if they put it in, this would in no way affect the warranty. I compared it to the factory plate, which is a thin, stamped POS.

3. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clarinetist @ Nov 18 2006, 12:29 AM) [snapback]351219[/snapback]</div>
    Nice move Clarinetist - to get Toyota to install it FOC and no warranty infringement. :)
    I have installed the BT plate myself and due for my first service next week - I wonder if they'll notice !

I'm intrigued why Toyota would make their plate stamped out of metal AND go to all the trouble to stamp out the holes making it more flexible ?

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually the stamped holes have raised or beveled edges which actually adds strength and reducing weight.

5. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Nov 21 2006, 03:27 AM) [snapback]352391[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm - I checked when I got home and the holes on mine don't have any raised or bevelled edges - could it be that US and European plates differ perhaps ?

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinball @ Nov 21 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]352545[/snapback]</div>
    take another look at your stock plate. on the one side, the inner edge of the holes stamped in the plate will be sharp, the other side, dull. the sharp side is actually beveled out. the dull side is beveled in. this was caused by the stamping process. the bevel might be slight, but does add a significant amount of strength to the plate.