1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Swaybar(s)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by brick, Feb 19, 2009.

1. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did that ever happen? One day I would like to start going around corners without screaming at the crew to stand on the gunwales, only to find out that I have no crew and I can't let off on the main sheet to make it better. The auto search thing is telling me that we last heard about it in June of last year.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi brick,

I don't think Brian ever came out with the BT Tech Front Swaybar.

I had asked the question a couple of times since Brian announced that he was working on it.

I think if you want a beefed up front swaybar, you'll have to get the Touring front stabilizer bar.

If you want a beefed up rear swaybar, you can get the Touring rear stabilizer bar, or one of the aftermarket rear swaybars made for the Corolla/Matrix/Vibe by Hotchkis, Progress or TRD (note that they vary in diameter). See this excellent thread about aftermarket rear swaybars for the Prius:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/53494-rear-sway-bar.html

In another thread, one fellow who put on the TRD Corolla rear swaybar and who sounded very knowledgeable about such things, concluded that the TRD rear swaybar was a big improvement, but he suspects that the smaller Touring rear swaybar would have been ideal given the rest of his Prius suspension bits.

3. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Boo! That's about as much good information as I could have asked for.