1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Front Tower Strut Brace

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BT Tech, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Brian or Anyone,

If you are going to have only one front brace, as a general matter, is it better to have an upper front brace as opposed to a lower front brace? :confused:

2. sc_trojan

sc_trojan New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    how does this compare to the toms brace- price? performance?

Have you looked at the toms strut brace? If so, how would your brace compare? What is the price?

3. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have not seen the Tom's front brace so I can not comment on it. Most of the high performance cars that I have worked on normally have the strut tower brace which makes a noticable difference in handling.

4. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    so when are you going to have the specials for all three products? got my visa ready... i with a passion hate body roll during cornering...

5. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I hate to break it to you, but while the braces will stiffen up the chassis of the car and improve the feel of the car around corners and over bumps, they won't reduce body roll by any measurable amount. You need stiffer anti-roll bars or springs to do that.

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm getting confused by some of the terminology, and which parts accomplish what.

What's the difference between "reduced body roll" and "reduced turn-in lean"? :confused:

What's the minimum and least costly modifications one has to make to the standard/base edition Prius to get something resembling that "slot-car" handling I hear people talking about after putting Tom's braces on their Prius? :confused:

7. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'd rather not go into that here and hijack the BT Tech thread any more than we already have, perhaps you can start a new one?

Edit: I'm working on one now, should be up soon.
    Edit 2: Here it is.