1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT tech plate review on my 07 touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by fboyle, Nov 7, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Nov 8 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]345986[/snapback]</div>
    Well I don't know Darrell, nor do I do his wife.. so whats the point?

You guys are starting to sound like liberals that turn everything around and can only see what you want.

I pointed out if you are searching for Empiracle data and need proof on paper, then you provide link to someone using thier wife in a blind study as credible evidence... are we really supposed to take that as evidence?.. ok.. you do what you want.
    all the hundreds of people who are 'sure" it works must just be wrong because this one persons wife didn't catch the difference?

Aren't you really stretching to find a story to support your case?

Can't you see your self deception?

Is it really so hard to see?...

Wow!.... I feel like I'm argueing with a brick.

You go ahead and believe what you want.. buy what you want.. don't buy what you want and enjoy what you want.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 8 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]345991[/snapback]</div>
    What have you got against my comment? I said I wouldn't use it as a real test (you quoted me), but it seems to be used as "proof" to others. I won't buy it based on a test alone as I know the results will vary.

I'm on your side, believe it or not. I believe it works, and I don't need any "proof" from a test. I just don't believe it's for me.

3. Pious

Pious New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 8 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]345991[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, talk about turning around and seeing only what you want. I only posted something that I found that might be useful for the topic (who ever said that was credible evidence?) and he implies that I am a skeptic and fool... and then outright calls everyone that disagrees with him a *gasp* liberal. There's only so much a man can take. :lol:

btw:
    One or two smileys is fun... but seven? Thats kinda creepy dude. :mellow:

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Nov 8 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]345998[/snapback]</div>
    I know you have been on the forum a long time and I respect your history.. I apologize if I was presumptious and included you with the hecklers.

I was initially concerned why you threw that post in if you were trying to bring clarity when in fact it was Pious that posted that and not you.

My mistake.. too many hecklers to keep up with!

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 8 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]346030[/snapback]</div>
    Apology accepted! :D

Seriously, I really feel sorry for Brian. He's making a fine product to help Prius drivers and he's blasted. I'd be hard pressed to find any other threads with such opposite beliefs like these. I mean, if I said I hated the OEM tires, people would post what they liked, but you wouldn't see 30 pages saying that the OEMs are the best and you'd be stupid to spend the money on any others. Even Coastal Dave doesn't get hit this much.

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Nov 8 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]346088[/snapback]</div>
    Its an amazing phenominon... no matter how hard or how many ways you elaborate, or who tells them, they still keep coming back.. but this and but that...

The more you try to help, the more is stirs them up and the worse it gets.......

They keep justifying themselves and rewording what they want.. if you give it to them.. it wasn't the right proof... making claims that there is empiracle evidence available... where?
    It doesn't exist... you just can't please someone who wants to be difficult.

You tell them to go away, they say they have a right to be here... for what?.. to argue?
    Do they want the plate or not?.. they can't add any comments about reviews?.. they don't own the plate?

They only want to discount it and cause trouble.

7. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome to Prius Chat Frank and thank you for posting your impressions of our BT Tech stiffening plate!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fboyle @ Nov 7 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]345218[/snapback]</div>

That's okay.. I have gotten used to the abuse!!! :) At least I can count on the many suporters that ACTUALLY have one of our stiffening plates and comment on it than those have never even seen one and put it down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Nov 9 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]346088[/snapback]</div>

8. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 9 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]346105[/snapback]</div>
    Now we have some idea of Columbus trying to explain to the Spanish Court that the world was round!

Here's a more suitable Forum for all those BT Plate non-believers. Back to the good old days of 1547!

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/FlatHome.htm

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Nov 9 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]346119[/snapback]</div>
    Nice link.. that says alot for those that have eyes to see and ears to hear! :lol:

10. Tammrich

Tammrich New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fboyle @ Nov 7 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]345218[/snapback]</div>
    Well Frank, as a new owner it seems that you are not qualified to form an opinion on the BT Stiffener Plate. I think I am so I will add my opinon. I too have an '07 Touring, this is my 3rd Prius with a 4th '07 Touring (wifes) due in 3 weeks. So far a little over 100K Prius miles. I agree with everything you have said about the BT Stiffener plate, its beautifully made, took 5 minutes to install and it makes an enormous difference to the overall stiffness of the car, virtually eliminating chassis flex. When I drive my 05 w/o Stiffening Plate after I have been driving my 07 w/ stiffening plate the 05 feels loose and inprecise and a much cheaper car. Oh and I'm an Automotive Development Engineer for Toyota.

11. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tammrich @ Nov 9 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]346717[/snapback]</div>
    Cool! Welcome to Prius Chat, Tammrich! I'm really looking forward to your posts!

12. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome to the Prius Chat forum!! Since you are an engineer working for Toyota do you reside here in the US or in Japan? Are there any "cool" things going on with the Prius that you can give us a little "peek" or insight into??

BTW thank you for your kind words about our product!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tammrich @ Nov 10 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]346717[/snapback]</div>

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tammrich @ Nov 9 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]346717[/snapback]</div>
    Wow..aren't you a sweety?
    Did that come out wrong or are you trying to be disrespectful on purpose to Frank who appears to be a very gentle newcomer who just wants to share his opinion which he has a perfect right to have.

Because he's new may make him the most qualified out here. He is not persuaded by countless volumes of praises on the plate and I just bet he has more driving history than you..

Couldn't you just share your praise of the plate without slamming him?
    Why is he your target?

You take a brand new guy and light into him like he has no right to have an opinion.
    Surely I"m reading your words wrong. Tell me this is a misunderstanding! :huh:

Aren't you just a bit too good to be true?

If you have owned all those prius's and even now use the BT plate on one of your cars, why is this your absolute first post? and to come out here as an expert and slamming the nice guy that Frank appears to be is not indicative of the professional you claim to be?

You present yourself as a troll and a bully when you light into someone who is so innocent on the forum...

Do you only go for easy prey?....

He started this thread and has posted the least.... if you want to pick on someones opinion.. pick on someone you will give you a run for your money.

Oh and since your an Automotive Development Enginner for Toyota.. maybe you can explain why we even need this plate? Why has Toyota missed the ball on this one?

BTW.. Its sure an honor to get to talk to a real live Toyota Engineer... I've just wet my pants I'm so excited! :eek:

At least I still have my boots on.

14. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey windstrings
    Re Tammrich's post about fboyle's plate review
    " Well Frank, as a new owner it seems that you are not qualified to form an opinion on the BT Stiffener Plate."

I think the key word is 'seems' and I read it as 'tongue in cheek' - Tammrich is just poking fun at those few hardcore non-believers out there.

Also his plate review was very positive- especially as it comes from an Automotive Development Engineer for Toyota as well.

We shouldn't scare him off.

You need to get more sleep windstrings !! :)

15. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinball @ Nov 10 2006, 01:14 AM) [snapback]346823[/snapback]</div>
    My interpretation as well, especially since he agreed with with everything (or at least nearly everything) in fboyle's review.

Dave M.

16. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Nov 10 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]346866[/snapback]</div>
    I"m totally open to being wrong.... his whole post was respectful and fine except for that first line.

Thats why I did guard and prefaced with the possiblity of being wrong.
    I hate to prejudge without giving someone an out if they were just not paying attention.

Maybe he didn't read Franks prior post where he stated how he simply wanted to show his enthusiasm and didnt' realize it would cause such a fuss and felt like he shouldn't have even posted?

Thats the opposite of what this forum is for and is all about?

I just thought it cruel to tell the man he didn't have a right to an opinion because he's new
    What the heck was that?

... I'm sure Frank can tell a before and after feel the same as the next guy... it doesn't take owning tons of prius's to know how his own car feels.

In fact the guy who has all the other prius's may be less objective and become confused much easier because every one is a bit different... esp. those which have the plate verses not.

I wasn't attacking him because of his statements about the plate at all.... this reason was in defense of Frank and I wanted Frank to know he is more than welcome out here on the Forum.

In fact this fella is too, if he respects the other participants that show him respect.

It just seemed to be an unprovoked attack without warrant.

I used to hate Bullies!... still do.

So "if" I was wrong, I sincerely apologize!.. If I was right, I hope you are a little more sensitive next time... especially since you supposedly carry alot of authority "carrying the title you said you carry".

Something just smells afoul to me.. It didn't all add up.

This guy was "out of character" for the role he claimed.

17. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Nov 10 2006, 09:35 AM) [snapback]346866[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto.

Windstrings, I feel your reply was very harsh, especially to a first time poster. I don't understand your hostility. For example: Why does it matter at all that this was his first post even though he's been a Prius owner for a awhile? Not all Prius owners or Toyota engineers are as fanatical about our car as we are.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 10 2006, 12:43 AM) [snapback]346769[/snapback]</div>
    Right back at ya, windstrings.

Chill.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dancekat59 @ Nov 10 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]346920[/snapback]</div>
    We don't worship the Prius and its parts. If he really is a prius engineer, it doesn't make him a PC God who has the right to slam brand new newcomers who are innocent.

Why did no one defend Frank?.. Is not this forum about people too?

*This guy has "never" yet proved his credential,
    *nor has he answered why if he has owned all the prius's and even has the BT plate, why is this his literal very first post?
    * He has not apologized?
    * Is his only interest to promote his own ego at the expense of crushing anothers?

You said "right back at you?"..do you consider this guy as "innocent" since its his first post?

If he comes out here and proves he is who he says he is by providing some type of info that is verifyable and apologizes for being misunderstood with throwing his "unverified" credentials around to smash anothers, then I will greatly reciprocate and apologize also.

Is this guy sitting back laughing right now?, or is he going to post again and set things straight?

Who is being taken as a fool here?

I'm always open to being wrong, but I wasn't born yesterday either.

19. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Nov 10 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]346925[/snapback]</div>
    You know, you can only be wrong so many times, and the first is the worst. After that ...

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NuShrike @ Nov 10 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]347065[/snapback]</div>
    Well If I was wrong, it was the first time since the last time!

But usually someone with the experience it takes to get the education he would have and the level of people he would be used to communicating with would have developed skills that reflected such.

This sounded more like a wanna-be.

We still have not got an answer as to why this was his first post?

If its a brand new name... why would he be wanting to hide the old one?

Oh well.. enough about him.... on to better things!

I have two 06's.. about this 07 touring stuff.... I know its not that terribly much of a big deal, but its gonna be harder and harder, expecially when they start doing "real" upgrades.. like lighter more powerful Lithium type batteries and improved gas mileage as a result and higher top end speeds "not that I need that", and higher EV mode speeds etc, electric seats, topless window washer... you know, all the real amenities!.... Man is it gonna be hard not to buy again!