1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Feb 4, 2007.

1. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We just received our newest batch of BT Tech stiffening plates. For all of you that have placed your order within the past 2-3 weeks, your orders will be shipping this week via UPS. When you placed your order, if you typed in your correct email address, you will be receiving a UPS Quantum view notify including your tracking information for your order.

Attached Files:

2. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Apr 4 2007, 10:23 PM) [snapback]417979[/snapback]</div>
    That, is a pretty stack.
    Will you have inventory on hand to fill other orders if I order Friday night?
    I encountered my first good winds this evening and they underscore the need of your product.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Those are so pretty, maybe you should clear anodize them... :)

4. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello Robincx. We should have plenty of plates to last us at least for a little while. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robincx @ Apr 4 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]417994[/snapback]</div>

I actually thought about it Bill but harcoating them in black makes it A LOT more durable. They are purty though aint they!! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Apr 5 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]418037[/snapback]</div>

5. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ Apr 2 2007, 07:08 PM) [snapback]416773[/snapback]</div>
    I used a mirror in one hand to see the needle point and the other hand to pull the torque wrench. On my next oil change at the dealer I will ask them to check the torque when the car is up on the lift. BTW some torque wrenches I looked at didn't measure below 20 ft/lb!

The plate works for me. As soon as I find a local buddy without one, I'll do a swap out and exchange plates to reexamine the effectiveness. I think it would be a fun test and even could have a 3rd party set up a "blind" test to see if I could tell the difference if the plate was on or off. ;)

Lee

6. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gadgetdad @ Apr 5 2007, 03:14 AM) [snapback]418097[/snapback]</div>

Thank you Gadgetdad for your response. I think the next time mine is on the lift too I'll check the torque.

7. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Brian

This would be a good time for you to describe and post just how the BT plate performs the benefits which are described on the PriusChat Store page.

One might ask if this is a "setup". It is not - if the BT plate actually does perform the described benefits.

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Apr 5 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]418248[/snapback]</div>

This item is one of the most talked about "extras" on the whole forum... if you don't know the benifits or the "claims" by now and want them said again... yea, it smells like a setup.

I don't think its practicle or fair for you to come up with some "test" and then think the burden of proof would be on Brian to prove otherwise.

All the burden of proof is on you......you are the one that has a problem with whether it works or not?

Why is Brian supposed to prove anything to anybody?.. if you buy the plate you are taking a chance.. if you don't want to take a chance.. don't buy it... simple as that.

Normally the proof is in the pudding and the tastebuds of all who partake.. but thats already not good enough for you?

If I was Brian. .I certainly would not try to appease or soothe your fears in the least.

9. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 5 2007, 10:36 AM) [snapback]418329[/snapback]</div>
    Windstrings

Something significant to this topic HAS happened since our last exchange. I was not present at the event so it is not my place to report that. I expect it will be reported, later.

In a free market, it is the seller who has the burden of proof that his product does what he claims it will do, not the customer. In a free market, a doubter just does not purchase a product. That is what gives the seller the incentive to demonstrate the benefits of his product to the doubter.

I agree that this is a special situation since there has been an ongoing discussion of the BT plate. A central part of that ongoing discussion has been to respond to questions, not with answers, but with questions about the motives of those who ask the questions. There is another special situation in this case. Brian has had people protecting him from contact with customers. These people have limited information about and are not responsible for his product. This has further prevented the free market from operating normally. As a result, I have reponded in an unusual way.

While I could pardon you and Brian for thinking otherwise, my suggestion was friendly advice - if the BT plate really does the advertized things.

If you do not agree that it was friendly advice now, I predict you will agree it was later.

Edit: You might be interested in watching this site: http://www.lipog.org/

10. fboyle

fboyle New Member

My friend, I am sorry to say but you really need to get a life. You have expended so much energy in trying to disuade people from purchasing the bt plate for reasons that I simply can not comprehend.

I know 1000 percent certain that the plate improved my Prius to the point that before I was seriously considering getting rid of the car. How much time have you spent on this thread with all of your "tests" and other crap and you still don't even have a BT plate. I think Bryan is being way too nice and has given us tons of information about this product but yet it is still not good enough for you. You keep coming back and back and back and asking more and more questions and honestly I have tired at reading your dribble.

If I was Bryan from bt I would not even sell you a plate and tell you to get lost. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of customers that hare happy with the product. Do you really think anyone gives a damn whether you believe in it or not?

One other thing while I am at it, you keep asking for scientific proof that this product works. What other aftermarket part for a car will give you such information? When I was looking at Tom's products there was nothing even close to the infomration tha the bt plate has. Why don't you bother them next?

Frank Boyle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Apr 5 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]418248[/snapback]</div>

11. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ^^^

Woo hoo... it's like a Merry-Go-Round only it's a bit more entertaining than the real one. Allande, you've already read what the BT plate does enough times that it should be burned into your head. Simply put, it improves handling.

I agree with Windstrings, and I don't believe the burden of proof is on Brian. He's already done his testing. The first adopters of the plate, no doubt, have taken a look a the results and bought a plate, and they liked it enough that other people bought the plate based on recommmendations. We're all happy campers here. I believe it's up to you, Allande, to prove otherwise. Provided you install the plate and take some decent corners with it, I don't think you'll have to spend any energy to prove it doesn't work, since you'll realize it does work.

12. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 31 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]415794[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Apr 5 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]418434[/snapback]</div>
    Am I right in assuming that you feel the effect of the plate more the faster you go? This would be important to know when Allannde makes the test. I mean if a test is done over a short distance at a slow speed it won't prove what the plate does.

13. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Apr 5 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]418434[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Presto

I have a Winshin that blows the best green smoke you have ever seen. It is only $75.00 and I have satisfied myself that it works fine (Everyone needs green smoke to keep their flowers fresh). It is up to you to prove that it doesn't work. Sound fair?

I agree, it is like a Merry-Go Round. I am very aware that there are "Happy campers". I am also very aware that there are unhappy campers. That gets my attention, too.

It is fair to expect that a product does what its vendor claims it will do. Some claim that this one does. I have already demonstrated that it probably can not. When I get it in hand I will be able to demonstrate that it can not, IF THAT IS SO. I can't explain the positive reports. I am not going to question the honesty of those who say these things. I don't care who buys this product. I do care about the truth, big time.

You know I will put it on my car and that I will call a spade a spade. If it works like you say, I will be the best supporter of all. Do you think I care whether Brian responds or not? I kind of hope he doesn't. I just thought it was fair to give him a chance. This will play out before long. This Merry-Go-Round will run out of steam in no time.

By the way, what is the URL for the BT plate web site? I googled "BT plate" and got nothing.

14. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fboyle @ Apr 5 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]418426[/snapback]</div>
    I think this is an interesting observation...just take a look at all the ads for performance accessories which make all sorts of semi-supported claims.

Have you seen the ads for the electric supercharger? They've got charts and graphs to show that it works, but there are lots of testimonies which say that it doesn't (and common sense seems to support the latter conclusion, based on how much power the motor draws and the CFM rating of the device).

There are lots of 'truths' out there.

15. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like we need to get MythBusters to take this on.

(Or Allannde could buy one and try it.)

16. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "You know I will put it on my car and that I will call a spade a spade. If it works like you say, I will be the best supporter of all. Do you think I care whether Brian responds or not? I kind of hope he doesn't. I just thought it was fair to give him a chance. This will play out before long. This Merry-Go-Round will run out of steam in no time."
    --Allannde

M. Allannde

Who the &^$ are you. Why should anyone care or believe what you observe.
    There is no reason your observations should be more "accurate or valid" than anothers.
    Buy it/don't buy it. put it on if you wish. Let us know you opinion--THATS ALL. Your "vote" will count as much as the next person.

Carl

17. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Apr 5 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]418493[/snapback]</div>

Exactly.. you can contrive a test to say anything you want.

Its too late for anyone to disprove what I have already experienced... sorry.....

Anyone who believes what he sees written on paper rather than his own experience is somewhat not grounded in reality.

Remember when you were little you dad asked you if you believed everything you read, or everything you saw on TV.... guess not...

If you want to do your own private test to convince you one way or another... more power to you, but there is no way you have enough credibility to sway what I am already convinced of based on your test... so don't even bother to embarrass yourself if you are wise..... "cough.. cough"

18. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

It IS a merry-go-round. And the plate supporters are making it go!

1. Allannde has already said he would buy the plate.

2. I can't think of another item I would buy which you can't even google (except this website). So all of this information that Brian has supplied us with, fboyle, would I find that by going through page after page of dated posts on this website? If this is the only source of info, then Brian SHOULD respond to questions about the plate on a regular basis, and expect that it WILL keep coming up.

3. I know I'm sounding like a broken record (and guilty myself of keeping this going) but WHY OH WHY do you care if someone else complains about a product that you already have and are already happy with? What POSSIBLE difference does it make? Listening to some of you rant about how Allannde is a jerk for questioning the plate and any moron knows that it works makes me want to run out and buy one like listening to Rush Limbaugh makes me want to vote Republican! (Which is to say, not at all)

19. homerj742

homerj742 New Member

I would like to get one of these. I can really feel the wind in my car. I have a long drive tomorrow and I know I"m going to feel it (cold AND windy! OUCH)

20. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Tyrin, the preponderance of evidence is not on Allannde's side, yet he claims equal footing. He impugns the judgement of all who have bought and installed the BT Tech plate, while innocently claiming he would be a big supporter if it worked. It does work. Why would I buy a second one for my 2007 if the one I installed on my 2005 didn't work? Allannde would say it is the placebo effect, which is a shibboleth.

Fortunately for Brian, there are enough open minded people who are willing to at least listen to the experience of others. Allannde wishes to asert his own views over their experience. He is the Rush in your comparison.