1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Feb 4, 2007.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Apr 11 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]421867[/snapback]</div>
    Lol!... I don't know what is your trade of expertise.. but I can tell you I"m not an English teacher.. and my grammar sucks too!.... LOL!

If thats your criteria, it proves another example of why you miss so much in your tunnel vision..... seems in my field, speliing is not no imporrtant..... but it shud be... someone coud get keld if that gives you a hint!
    Seems those with the most knowledge.. spell the worse in my field.. go figure!!!

I'm starting to enjoy blowing your mind..... I can tell the BT Plate is not the only thing you've missed out on! LOL!

Maybe your tooooo smart for your own good and can't see the forest for the trees?

2. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 11 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]421888[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't he doing that?

How is he not accusing me of insulting him and everyone else? There are pages of this stuff...

You're honestly going to tell me he's not insulting me?

I can respect that opinion. I just disagree. I think there are simple things Brian can do to improve his customer service. I have stated that already. That's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.
    That is not my intent. My intent (even if not achieved) is to get the positive speakers to give others a fair chance.

Who said I wanted the thread to stop? I want a discussion of ideas! Like danatt, hyosilver, apriusfan, and boutime have been doing recently. Honest opinions and ideas without acting defensive or claiming that someone is slandering you.

I'm sorry if you don't like my tone, Evan, but I feel that I have been WAY more evenhanded than WindStrings, and yet I get the moderator warning. I think this is unfair, and I believe that others would agree. I will shut my mouth about WS and Presto. I hope they can do the same and let others speak their minds without retaliation.

3. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boutime @ Apr 11 2007, 10:30 PM) [snapback]421885[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome "boutime" to the dialouge, your comments are refreshing and it sounds like you are very level headed thus far.
    You have not concluded the plate works or it doesn't, but are going to give it a try.

There are plenty of people out there to cut down those who are trying to do a good thing and help a weakness found in a fine product "the prius" until "like you say" a better improvement comes along... thats what makes America great!

There were plenty that spit on and told the wright brothers their plane would never get off the ground!...
    Sorry, but no pun intended! LOL!

In business of any field, its a thorn in the side to always have the "can't do's" around rather than the "can do's".

Being negative is always an option, but so is being postive.
    Why don't people join in on a good thing and work with it to give ideas to improve it yet further rather than tear it down before they have even touched it?

Some people are really "enslaved" to their own understanding discounting everything that does not fall in the realm of its grasp.

yea.. they would be the bunch that thought the world was flat.. cause thats all they could see!

Thanks for your input and honest opinions... at least your giving it an honest shot based on the hopes gendered from so many others who are pleased.

I agree.. 165.00 is "nothing" if it does anything at all for a permanent suspension adjustment.

Most spend more than that chancing a new set of tires and not think twice.

Discounting the benifit of the plate because they don't want thier car to be more like a sports car is really funny!..... .... Yea.. I was thinking I would like mine more sloppy and less responsive too... how about you! LOL!

4. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 11 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]421888[/snapback]</div>
    Back to the subject, Evan, here's where I disagree with your point. I can go online to the Apple or Toyota website and look up gobs of information offered by the manufacturer, in a concise, detailed web page or pages. I can't do that with the plate. I know the scale is different, but I'm just using your example.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Apr 11 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]421899[/snapback]</div>
    Chill Tyrin.... you did not get a "warning" and everything is not about you... don't take things so personal and just look at the issues and try to learn something and take your shield down... no one is trying to hurt or attack you. This is not about you.

I am just trying to make you see how unfair and unreasonable you are being "borderlining trolling" in that you are so quick to tear down something so many people are pleased with.

How about just chill until you buy the plate and try it yourself.... isn't that fair?...... do you have a problem with that.. if so, what is it?

If you aren't willing to buy the plate, you really have no further issue in this matter unless your just here to troll.

If you buy the plate and come out here and say that honestly you really don't like it.. you will hear no rebuttal from me...... you have the right not to like it..... just try it for petes sake or go away and let there be peace.

And if it makes you feel better... Evan has slapped my hand before too...... he's just trying to be fair about it all.... do you think "you're" honestly being fair to Brian and all out here who love the response they have achieved from installing the plate?

Take your attention off yourself long enough to consider an honest answer please....

6. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tyrin, I respectfully disagree with you in regard to the customer service that I offer ALL of my customers. I have made myself available to everyone on the forum and even provide my daytime phone number at the end of every one of my posts so if anyone wishes to call and speak to me, I make sure that I am available. I take pride in being able to answer all of our customer inquiries on a one on one basis and ship our product usually the same day that the orders come in.

I do not run the Prius Chat online store so I can not dictate to them what information or content they have posted.

Regarding me posting information, how many times would you request me to do this? I have done this time and time again so one only has to use the search function to find this information. I do not have the ability to make a "sticky" post or do anything else like that as I am not an administrator or moderator on this site.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Apr 11 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]421899[/snapback]</div>

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Apr 11 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]421906[/snapback]</div>
    Brian is not under burden to provide what Apple or Toyota has spent millions to do just to make you happy.... hundreds of satisfied customers is enough and it didn't cost him a dime?

You won't even spend 165.00 to take a chance?.. Is brian supposed to spend thousands to take an even bigger chance in hopes to please a handful like yourselves that will shoot holes in it anyway?

If it was " you" that owned the business....what would you do?

Don't start naming all the things you would do if you are presently unwilling to spend a measly 165.00 bucks... admit it.. your too cheap and are only kidding yourself and don't know as much about your own self as you think as you are afraid to take a chance!

How much do you think Brian would have to spend to make a "bulletproof" test to please you and all the other skeptics, then ask yourself.. how much of that money would he get back?

Remember.... the profit margin on each plate brings very little profit....
    I don't think it would be a wise business decision either for such a small company that already has a great following.....

Maybe your a financial advisor and know better?

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Apr 11 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]421856[/snapback]</div>
    How could it be anything but structural? It's certainly not for looks, and I can't imagine it's there in case the exhaust pipe falls off. B) Hey, I had a gas tank fall out once.

To attempt an answer to Darrell's earlier questions of how it works, rather than if, my logic tells me it's to stiffen the chassis. I can't prove it, and I'm not going to cast aspersions if you disagree with me, but that's what I think. Lotus, for one, goes to extremes to make their cars stiff and lightweight, and are well known for building cars that handle superbly. Yes, I'm well aware a Prius is not a Lotus and never will be, but that doesn't mean it couldn't use a little help in the handling department, if only to allay safety concerns. I think the BT plate works by doing a better job than the original at resisting torque, and letting the turning forces turn the car instead of twisting it.

9. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 11 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]421882[/snapback]</div>
    I take great offense to your comments.
    This "negative Long Island bunch" you refer to have been open minded enough to listen to each members opinions, but have enough intelligence to make independent decisions. I am a personal friend of Syclone. Sy has had the plate on his car for at least 8 months. We are all aware of his positive feelings towards the effectiveness of the plate. I have spoken to him about your comments and he agrees that your comments are not a reflection of how he feels about the other members of LIPOG who are capable of forming their own decision on the plate.
    I have purchased the plate (so I guess I'm not one of the "Cheap" ones you refer to). I have not had the time or favorable weather conditions to install the plate. I have now decided, partly based on your insulting comments, NOT to install the plate. You have convinced me not to follow my peers (and I begrudgingly include you) into disaster by installing it until I have concrete evidence that it makes a difference. If it is proven to be ineffective, I can sell it to one of your followers.

From my previous post: "At the next meeting with this engineer (no, I don't know what his "specialty in engineering" is) I will ask if he would write up incident reports that he could send to the design engineers in CA to get their response. One report would be from a car that has not had the plate installed and would question if the plate would improve handling, and a second report would be from a car (Syclone?) that has the plate installed and comments on how much the handling has improved."

I will no longer be posting comments in this thread. Good luck in your quest to be the cult leader.

10. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Apr 11 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]421919[/snapback]</div>
    Brian -

I respect your right to run your business any way you wish, and to sell any product you wish to sell. In relation to my experience with your customer service, however, your comments here border on being offensive. You may recall that I tried to talk to you about this plate and your rear spoiler way back when they were somewhat new on the market. My questions were and are sincere and non-threatening.

I sent an email to you. I heard no response after a week. I emailed again. You emailed back that it would be better to discuss this by phone since it was complicated. You asked me to call. I called your business number and was told that you were busy. I left a message to have you call back. There was no call back. After failing to contact you via two email attempts and a phone call, I then asked for your attention online in one of these numerous plate threads. You responded in that thread that you were busy and that I should try calling again. I called one final time, and left another message. That was a year ago now. To date, we have not spoken, and my questions were not answered. I can only assume and hope that I'm a special case, and that other customers have their questions answered? Yet you say that you offer the same customer service to ALL customers, and that you make yourself available. I'm sorry to say that I personally have not found that to be the case.

As you can tell from my online comments, I have given up trying to figure out how any of this works. I tried to figure it out before I purchased, and I tried to figure it out AFTER I purchased. I don't mean to dump on you - I just want you to realize how some of these words ring hollow, and fly in the face of my personal experience.

11. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wow, this panties in a knot tirade has been polluting the Stiffening Plate string for a little too long. It makes me want to buy TWO of them.

Brian has been nothing less than a gentleman. Perhaps there is a lesson that could be learned from that?

If you don't want one, don't buy one.

Namaste,

Robin

12. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Apr 12 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]421996[/snapback]</div>
    With all due respect, nyconrad, it seems Windstrings' fervent evangelism is clouding your judgement. Yes, please, be upset with him, but don't let him make the decision for you.

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Apr 12 2007, 09:37 AM) [snapback]421996[/snapback]</div>
    Hopefully your joking right?.... I mean you aren't giving me so much power as to actually sway you from what you originally intendes and waste your money you've already spent to boot as if you punishing me or something if you don't use your own plate?... your quite amusing.....

Either you haven't bought any plate at all and your full of it, or your pretty weak to allow my to influence you.
    If the plate works, it works regardless of me and if it doesn't work... same story....

Who are you trying to kid here.. me or yourself?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Apr 12 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]422054[/snapback]</div>
    Fervent Evangelism... I like that!.... bringing in the " good news "... yea.. I like that ring!

I know these guys take the attack mode and if that doesn't work, they take the "I'm wounded" mode.... but I really get tired of the head games and the schrade of deception as to act like good guys when all the while they meet and speak against the plate and get themselves all worked up and convinced into something that they can't even substantiate themselves.

Anyway..... lets drop this foolishness and get back to talking about all the good things the plate really does instead of "speculation" based on thin air.

I personally don't know Brian, but I believe in defending something thats worthy of defending.
    If I were the entreuprenuer that started the plate, I would grow very weary of the constant attacks trying to force me to "prove" something to someone who doesn't want it in the first place.

We all would like to have absolute proof the plate was worth buying before we did... I suppose if that proof was avaliable, the plate would cost even more to pay for the expenses to obtain that proof!

But I'm settled with the notion that it is what it is... "believe it.... or not!"... real simple!

If you don't believe, that ok... you have a perfect right to get nervous without proof... but don't call those who bought in faith "and liked it" delusional. That shows a total lack of respect for all of us.... or course those who attack in such fashion only see themselves as persecuted when people defend themselves..... Respect begats respect and disrespect begats disrespect....

Geeze... quit being babies who hit thier fellow man and throw sand in thier eyes and then cry when thier scolded for doing so and sand is thrown back... if your gonna attack those who like thier plates.. expect some rebuttal or go play in someone else's sandbox!

14. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Windstrings, shut up and drive. Really. I don't think you're being the least bit of help here.

15. Ken Stewart

Ken Stewart New Member

I have spoken with Bryan on several instances and he was always available to take my call. We spoke about everything from the Prius to the Corvettes that he does a lot of work on. When I placed my order with him my BT plate arrived in a few days and worked perfectly. I could not be happier with his product, company or level of service. I wish most companies did business the way he does.

Ken

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 12 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]422032[/snapback]</div>

16. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Apr 12 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]422194[/snapback]</div>
    While I would have worded it differently I do agree. WS, your points have been made, at this point the things you're saying are making the situation worse and you're starting to offend more and more people. Those who've made up their minds won't be changed at this point.

17. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    As I'm constantly compelled to read EVERYTHING on PC, I as well have suffered throught the entire 19 pages of this thread, and I must agree with the Dr. as well.

I think I vote to LOCK THIS THREAD!!

:p

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I suggest a blind test:

One or more drivers who believe that they can detect an improvement in handling with the plate take several successive test drives over the same route after a second, and trusted person, has installed either the BT plate or the factory plate. The driver does not know which plate has been installed, and is prevented from peeking. Between runs, the driver leaves the work area and the installer either switches the plates, or does not, at random.

If drivers can reliably tell in every case which plate is on the car, its effect is significant. If they can tell better than chance, there is some effect, but not great. If they cannot determine better than chance, the plate has no effect.

Not too difficult a test for this crowd to perform.

19. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I, frankly, don't care whether anyone on this tread or PriusChat for that matter likes the BT Plate, doesn't like the BT Plate, buys the BT Plate, or doesn't buy the BT plate.

What I know from personal experience, is that it does, exactly, the job it is supposed to do. I don't care what the science or engineering behind it is just like I don't know exactly how an Intel Quad core Xeon processor works.

I find the comments of both the pros and the cons humorous. And I also understand the frustration of satisfied users in the face of negative and even hostile comments from some that are ignorant and others that just have their heads up their asses.

So, basically, I'm going to totally tune out of further BT plate threads, although I may lurk on the sidelines and see how extreme the naysayers become in their rhetoric. It should be good for a few laughs.

20. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Syclone, don't let others get you down.. You are entitled to your opinions just as much as the others are entitled to theirs.

You have shown a great deal of courage to come in here and state what you think. It sometimes takes thick skin to hang in here!! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Apr 12 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]422258[/snapback]</div>

Darrell, I honestly do not remember you calling over a year ago. Then again I sometimes don't remember what happened yesterday!! :)

I sincerely do my best to get back to everyone that calls, emails or PM's me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 12 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]422032[/snapback]</div>